BWs??? Should we just give up on it????

mitchb2

Reaction score
I'm more concerned with the fact that at the same time the weather problem started I became unable to apply a skin to BW. Am I the only one?

If I try to skin it I get a FC and it freezes forever.

coondogg97

Reaction score
I'm more concerned with the fact that at the same time the weather problem started I became unable to apply a skin to BW. Am I the only one?

If I try to skin it I get a FC and it freezes forever.

I have no problems applying skins. I actually just put a new 32GB card in my Droid and had to download a bunch of skins again. I had no problem applying any of the Cashmere skins (fantastic skins) or the Obsidian skin.

I do have the temp issues though. But I decided to uninstall BW and reinstall it during a massive thunderstorm a few days ago. So at least the graphics look good.

pilot25

Reaction score
There hasn't been a BW update in forever and the LWP is still bland.

DEV is slacking

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Quick question for everyone. How many are having issues with the widget freezing and also using LauncherPro? The reason I ask is because I posted on the LP thread that I was having the freezing issue, but then noticed my other widgets were freezing as well. Maybe it isn’t just an issue with BW. What do you guys think?

mitchb2

Reaction score
Quick question for everyone. How many are having issues with the widget freezing and also using LauncherPro?

I'm using Launcher Pro. As of right now all of my BW widgets are frozen but my other various widgets are working just fine.

mad3963

Reaction score
Quick question for everyone. How many are having issues with the widget freezing and also using LauncherPro? The reason I ask is because I posted on the LP thread that I was having the freezing issue, but then noticed my other widgets were freezing as well. Maybe it isn’t just an issue with BW. What do you guys think?

I run BW and LP both. The only time I had an issue with BW not updating was when I was running the Ultimate Droid Froyo eXtreme 3.5.0 ROM (no problems on previous versions). I have ran the BW/LP combo on CyanogenMod 6.0.0 RC1 and currently on Sapphire 0.8.4 with no update issues. I would be curious to know what ROM those that are having update issues are running.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

I using LP and BW on an unrooted Droid. Weather is fine, but the time occasionally freezes. It's mainly when it's with the Seidio Multimedia Dock, but sometimes not.

mrdroid

Reaction score
lol. We've been giving the BW dev hell for weeks now, funny if it was actually an issue with LauncherPro.

Still though... I thought this was a known issue with Google and it was being worked on?

mitchb2

Reaction score
Well something had to trigger this recent behavior. BW worked fine all these months.

mrdroid

Reaction score
Just tried with several launchers and it doesn't work with any of them. Log file shows BW is working fine.... just receiving wrong information from Google.

Code:
( 1164): Starting activity: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN flg=0x10010000 cmp=com.levelup.beautifulwidgets/.ForecastActivity bnds=[249,53][429,188] }
( 1164): Displayed activity com.levelup.beautifulwidgets/.ForecastActivity: 527 ms (total 527 ms)
( 2574): Service Weather onStart().
( 2574): Service Weather Thread started.
( 2574): Lat: 40.444872
( 2574): Lng: -80.001091
( 1164): getAddressFromProtoBuf(): Ignore feature 0,Pittsburgh
( 2574): AdminArea Pennsylvania
( 2574): PostalCode 15222
( 2574): Geodecoding: Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania 15222
( 2574): Doing the Google weather query for Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania 15222
( 2574): QueryString: http://www.google.com/ig/api?weather=Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania+15222&hl=US
( 1164): Kernel timezone updated to 240 minutes west of GMT
( 2574): Google weather query success for Pittsburgh, PA

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I just thought I would throw that out there. Mine hasn't frozen all day today so I am hoping that if it was an issue with LP that it must have been taken care of with that last update.

mitchb2

Reaction score
Well I just thought I would throw that out there. Mine hasn't frozen all day today so I am hoping that if it was an issue with LP that it must have been taken care of with that last update.

Nope. I got all the updates, too. Same behavior.