Buzzing in Bluetooth in my car

kwayit

Reaction score
I've had 5 other "lesser" phones paired with the Bluetooth in my car without issue, but the Droid2 seems to have a buzz sound every 45-60 seconds. This sound blocks what I can hear and is very annoying.
I'm connecting to factory BT in a Dodge.

Italia_NYC

Reaction score
Same problem here. Just got a new Droid 2 Global the other day. Paired it with my 2008 BMW, and every 45 seconds or so, there is an audible buzzz that last for about 5 seconds. During that time, you cannot hear the caller and the caller cannot hear you.

I've had many other phones (Blackberry Bold, Palm Pre, etc...) paired to this car with no problems at all. The hands free feature of my car is so important and useful to me, that if I cannot resolve this issue, this phone is being returned.

Whatever the issue is, it is clearly related to the Droid.

Hoping someone has a remedy.

Italia_NYC

Reaction score
As it turns out, this is a pretty common occurrence with this phone and as such, shortly after posting my above comment, I found the answer online. Apparently, all you have to do is turn off Wi-Fi while using your Bluetooth in the car and all is well. I just tested this with an hour long phone conversation in my car and low and behold, it works like a champ!

OP
K

kwayit

Reaction score
Turning off wifi... excellent! Thank you, I will try it today.