buzz in earpiece during a call

trophynuts

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed a slight buzz in the earpiece of the phone during a phone call. Like when the other person speaks? If so have you contacted vZW about it?

OP
T

trophynuts

Reaction score
yeah over on AndroidForums there is a few people having the same issue. I was trying to poll everyone over here as well.

mine happens about 90% of the time when the other person speaks. So there is a few instances where it doesn't. However it shouldn't be happening at all.

MyNewDroidX

Reaction score
My first Droid X did this so bad, I returned the phone on the spot and the Verizon guy replaced it. He agreed it was really bad. My new Droid X is pretty good, every once in a while I get this buzzing. Seems to depend on the caller. I guess motorola is using a less-than-perfect speaker.

intodeep

Reaction score
At least I am not the only one. I get it when the other person is speaking if i have the speaker turned up high. but if i lower it below 50% or so it seems to help a lot.

Is this something they can fix? Who should i alert about it if so because you would think phone call clarity would be important.

penmx182

Reaction score
My X had the same problem from Day 1 (7-15). I took a compressed air duster canister and gave a couple of quick shots into the earpiece and it solved the problem and I haven't had an issue since. You might try that.

pcw

Reaction score
Ditto on the buzz

Reducing the volume alleviated the buzz, but that's not a proper solution to the problem. I'm about to call Verizon to arrange a replacement.

darknite39

Reaction score
Got my replacement phone yesterday b/c of this issue. The new one is great--no buzzing that I can detect even on the highest volume level.

intodeep

Reaction score
Got my replacement phone yesterday b/c of this issue. The new one is great--no buzzing that I can detect even on the highest volume level.
That is good to know. I've avoided using mine on high volume. I may try it to see if it has gotten any better and if not i might just try to get a replacement.

darknite39

Reaction score
The buzzing was slightly less problematic after a week of use, but it was still pretty bad--especially for a brand new phone. You should just go ahead and get it replaced; it's not the kind of thing that will fix itself.

maple.d

Reaction score
I have the same issue from the fist day, 7/15

I'm glad to find this topic here. I felt kinda bad cause I was thinking if I were the only one who had this buzz noise.. I guess there are many users like me. It doesn't happen always, but it's there. I might go ask Verizon if I can get a replacement. I'm paying an insurance every month. Hope they don't charge me anything for replacing this. Can I get a brand new Droid X though? or it's going to be refurbished one..

lamoglinsgal

Reaction score
I'm glad to find this topic here. I felt kinda bad cause I was thinking if I were the only one who had this buzz noise.. I guess there are many users like me. It doesn't happen always, but it's there. I might go ask Verizon if I can get a replacement. I'm paying an insurance every month. Hope they don't charge me anything for replacing this. Can I get a brand new Droid X though? or it's going to be refurbished one..

I just received my brand new replacement DX today for this very problem. The new phone has absolutely NO speaker buzz. Since you're within your 30 days, it should be replaced with a new device.

maple.d

Reaction score
Thank you!!

I just received my brand new replacement DX today for this very problem. The new phone has absolutely NO speaker buzz. Since you're within your 30 days, it should be replaced with a new device.

I'll check them this weekend!!!

whachahuh

Reaction score
I can confirm another case of earpiece speaker buzz in the Droid X. Blowing air into it does help, but I still notice the buzzing now and then.

I guess I'm going to call Verizon and ask for a replacement.