Buzz and maps questions

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by stanwelks, Feb 14, 2010.

1. stanwelks

stanwelks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1. I am noticing the posts that appear on my map are sometimes 23 hrs or more older. How often do these stay on it? Is there a way to refresh it to just get the most recent ones?

2. Are the posts that show up on the map just ones that are posted by anyone with the location tagging set on their phone?

Thanks

2. joeymoose

joeymoose Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1. We haven't figured out how long the buzz's stay if you don't erase/update it.

2. You can edit your privacy settings and disable your location in the buzz.

3. chrispinco

chrispinco New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Buzz can not be created

Hi I started using buzz 2 days ago I was able to pst and repsond from other posts.. I change my name on Gmail so a different name shows up on my post I was able to change the name.. Now wheneva I try to post on buzz it says "Buzz can not be created" Any ideas???

Thanks

4. stanwelks

stanwelks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1. When I visit buzz.google.com from my Droid, it will not find my location. When I select the Nearby tab it just searches and eventually indicates it can not find my location. When I go to the area to type a buzz the drop-down at the bottom indicates "Location is not available" Where is a setting to change this?

Thanks.

5. wfholcom

wfholcom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Buzz Glitch

Have you noticed this behavior at all? In the Map View, search for a new city like Vancouver, it takes you to Vancouver and all of the bubbles appear, but the little icon in the lower left hand corner doesn't appear. This is the icon that lets you read all of the posts for that area. You can make it appear by deselecting Buzz under Layers on the Menu and then re-selecting.

6. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,020
    Current Phone Model:
    Huawei Nexus 6P
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    Make sure you have GPS enabled. This allows for easier location detection. Allows, GPS works best with a clear view of the sky, either outside or at least near a window. Make sure also that you've allowed buzz.Google.com to access GPS info.