buying my droid in the morning.. I cant wait

B R Y A N

Reaction score
cant wait ganna go down to best buy in the morning to pick up my droid.. :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

xjman349

Reaction score
Go to a vzw store imo. Same price better knowledge. Welcome to the droid family!

mynameiserich

Reaction score
Awesome. It can be overwhelming at first because you're not only learning the phone, but every single app you decide to download. Have fun with it.

Monstrosity

Reaction score
I was supposed to get mine a MONTH ago..but it keeps going "get it next week" pissing me off...just told "next week" 5 minutes ago...expecting it again in 7 days...

LordKastle

Reaction score
From where? If it is from Verizon tell them to mark down on your account what is going on. That way say sometime in late 2010 or 2011 IF (and I MEAN IF) you want to get a different phone you don't have to wait even longer for your upgrade discount to kick in.

Monstrosity

Reaction score
From where? If it is from Verizon tell them to mark down on your account what is going on. That way say sometime in late 2010 or 2011 IF (and I MEAN IF) you want to get a different phone you don't have to wait even longer for your upgrade discount to kick in.
From my mom.

I can get i..but she wants to buy useless stuff instead of my phone.

cmk325i

Reaction score
good luck with it its an awesome phone . it makes my storm look like a slow pos . be sure to check out androideveryware.com

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
cant wait ganna go down to best buy in the morning to pick up my droid.. :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

You are going to love it. Why Best Buy, how come not Verizon?

Bananachaos7

Reaction score
I was going to create a thread today for the very same thing, but ill just tag along onto this one.

I am buying mine from a verizon rep today. I will be buying one for my GF, and myself!

Currently I am on a blackberry curve, and cant wait to smash it with a hammer :D.

btw first post !

brianr0131

Reaction score
If you need the instant rebate just buy it online from VZW and wait an extra day use code freeovernt for free overnight shipping.

Don't buy it from a 3rd party

brianr0131

Reaction score
I was going to create a thread today for the very same thing, but ill just tag along onto this one.

I am buying mine from a verizon rep today. I will be buying one for my GF, and myself!

Currently I am on a blackberry curve, and cant wait to smash it with a hammer :D.

btw first post !

Why don't you Get yourself the droid and get her the free Eris? Save yourself 200 bucks and you both get sweet phones.

Eris is a great phone for a girl (or a guy).

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you need the instant rebate just buy it online from VZW and wait an extra day use code freeovernt for free overnight shipping.

Don't buy it from a 3rd party

This is what I did... instant rebate thru VZW, package deal for accessories and free shipping. Win Win for me :)

Reaction score
GO TO BEST BUY OR WALMART... they take the discount IMMEDIATELY with NO waiting on a mail in rebate.
Walk Out Price (without new-every-2 credit)
Verizon Store : $299 ($100 rebate has to be mailed in and wait for processing)
Best Buy : $199 (rebate taken at purchase, no waiting-NE2 credit does not apply)
Walmart : $188 (rebate taken at purchase, no waiting -NE2 credit does not apply)

If you have a new every 2 credit, Order it online and your rebate is taken immediately and your NE2 credit applies and the cost is only $149 with free shipping (that's what I did)

Since Verizon has to service them all, your "service" is the same no matter where you buy it.

thelion

Reaction score
Welcome! Remember that the Droid is very unique and it may be frustrating at first and seem to "not live up to expectations." Give it a few days, really play with it, make sure you charge it completely over night that first night.

Also, use the search feature on the phone for questions. I mean, heck! You have a Google integrated phone - USE the thing!