Buying insurance after already declined.

cuskit

Reaction score
I also feel the insurance is well worth it. Assurian will replace your phone for ANY reason. And they send you a replacement including battery and charger, yet all they require in return is the phone itself. No sure about stolen or lost phones...

I've used this insurance twice. Once I dropped my Razr and broke the display. They sent out a replacement overnight, debiting my card $50 deductible (Droid is $89). The second time I had it on my belt clip and rolled over on it while on the ground working on my car. Again - replacement overnight. I picked up two spare batteries and chargers. Almost covered the deductible! ;)

For the poster carrying the insurance on a non-droid phone. That will not fly. You must specify Droid. I tried this myself and they said the Droid would not be eligible if I did not pay the higher premium.

cuskit

Ed Blown Vert

Reaction score
Website
ls1.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung S22U
To me its easier to pay $6 a month. Then to forked out $500 or whatever it is to replace the Droid.

I had to use the insurance once, it wil simple and easy. Just had to make a Police Report.

Harrybub

Reaction score
I just called Verizon to add insurance and was told I only had 15 days not 30. I got mine 20 or so days ago.

HB

Laurence5905

Reaction score
I just called Verizon to add insurance and was told I only had 15 days not 30. I got mine 20 or so days ago.

On the phoneclaims.com/verizon website, under the heading entitled "How To Get It" they say the following:

"For any of these programs, Verizon Wireless customers can only enroll within 30 days of the following:
  • New account activation with new equipment.
  • Upgrade with new equipment purchase.
  • To enroll in any of these programs, customers should contact Verizon Wireless Customer Service at (800) 922-0204 or visit any Verizon Wireless retail store location; or to enroll in the Asurion Wireless Phone Protection program only, customers should call Asurion at (888) 881-2622."
The Verizon Rep was wrong -- send him/her to that website. It clearly states you have 30 days...

Last edited:

Laurence5905

Reaction score
When I bought the phone the rep said he was going to leave my non smart phone insurance on there, it was $2 cheaper. Hopefully I wont run into problems when/if I do an insurance claim.

You WILL run into problems -- the $4-per-month plan does NOT cover smartphones. It has a cap of $400 per claim -- the full retail price of the Droid is $600.

Harrybub

Reaction score

On the phoneclaims.com/verizon website, under the heading entitled "How To Get It" they say the following:

"For any of these programs, Verizon Wireless customers can only enroll within 30 days of the following:
  • New account activation with new equipment.
  • Upgrade with new equipment purchase.
  • To enroll in any of these programs, customers should contact Verizon Wireless Customer Service at (800) 922-0204 or visit any Verizon Wireless retail store location; or to enroll in the Asurion Wireless Phone Protection program only, customers should call Asurion at (888) 881-2622."
The Verizon Rep was wrong -- send him/her to that website. It clearly states you have 30 days...

Thanks for that! I just called back and talked to someone that was less of an idiot. Insurance was added no problem.

Just goes to show you: If you don't get the answer you want just keep calling back. :clap:

HB