Buying insurance after already declined.

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jrl9851, Dec 20, 2009.

1. jrl9851

jrl9851 New Member

Is this possible? I'm going to call verizon tomorrow, but I thought I would ask you guys first.

I've never purchased insurance for any of my phones before, probably because I'm cheap and have never really loved any phone as much as I do the droid. I declined insurance when I first bought it, but now I want to add it. I went online to add it, but I didn't see an option to. Anyone know if I still can?
  2. phone

phone New Member

Yes you can. I did the same thing. Verizon uses this company to handle their insurance. I gave them a call and in a couple business days had insurance. There's a FAQ on Verizon's website about insurance.

Welcome Verizon Wireless Customers
  3. jrl9851

jrl9851 New Member

Thank you!!!
  4. xjman349

xjman349 New Member

Just needs to be done in the first 30 days.
  5. heavyMGS

heavyMGS New Member

The insurance company is called Asuiron. You don't need to call them though, just call Verizon and ask you them add the insur. to your phone. You always have 30 days to add insur to a newly purchased device. You should have no problems, trust me :wink: I know.
  6. pandroid

pandroid Theme Developer Theme Developer

i never get insurance on anything i buy. havent regretted it yet. but i am wondering how much the droid insurance costs. can anyone answer that for me?
  7. gburns8635

gburns8635 New Member

The company is Assurion. 800-584-3666
  8. Yorba

Yorba New Member

I have not verified this myself, but a Verizon rep friend of mine told me that there is a clause that allows all extended warranty replacements to be refurbished units. Apparently, this gives them an outlet for any refurbs that come back from the normal warranty processes. It seemed to me like the Verizon reps did not get commission on this, so he was not very hot on it :)
  9. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

I never buy insurance either, I think its 6$-8$ a month. My 30 days already passed so I'm going to try my best to keep my droid safe. I've never needed insurance before *knock on wood* I hope its the same with my droid.
  10. Yorba

Yorba New Member

11. JessiesGirl

JessiesGirl New Member

I got it through Verizon and it's $7.99 per month.
  12. DroidFan

DroidFan New Member

As another possibility, you can always (if after the first 30 days) contact an insurance company like Allstate or State Farm and ask for a "personal articles policy" on the Droid. The benefit of going through another company is if anything happens to your Droid, they will cut you a check for the amount of the policy, no questions asked. I've done this for jewelry and my computer and it is completely dependent upon the amount of the article's value in question.

Hope this helps!
  13. Laurence5905

Laurence5905 New Member

I bought the insurance when I bought the phone. They're charging me $6 per month, and it will pay replacement cost of up to $1,500 for a new phone. You get up to 2 replacements per 12-month period. There's an $89 deductible you have to pay for each claim. The replacement includes a standard battery, standard charger, the phone itself, etc...

The policy specifically states that it will NOT cover memory-cards (removeable storage devices, is how they word it). But since Motorola doesn't ship these phones without a 16GB SD card, I'm not really sure how they can't replace the card with the phone if the phone is lost or stolen. If the phone is simply damaged, and not stolen, I'd suggest you take out your SD card and keep it, just in case.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  14. G'Ner

G'Ner New Member

When I bought the phone the rep said he was going to leave my non smart phone insurance on there, it was $2 cheaper. Hopefully I wont run into problems when/if I do an insurance claim.
  15. zudien

zudien New Member

Insurance on a phone is nice. Especially if you are prone to bad luck.

One day after a long day of shooting at the range I was packing up my guns and left my old phone on top of my truck. I drove off and got home realized I was sans phone. So I drove back and found it in the middle of the road run over. So I called assurian (through ATT's various sub menus) and had a new phone out in a couple of days with a return box postage paid for the broke phone.
  16. cuskit

cuskit New Member

I also feel the insurance is well worth it. Assurian will replace your phone for ANY reason. And they send you a replacement including battery and charger, yet all they require in return is the phone itself. No sure about stolen or lost phones...

I've used this insurance twice. Once I dropped my Razr and broke the display. They sent out a replacement overnight, debiting my card $50 deductible (Droid is $89). The second time I had it on my belt clip and rolled over on it while on the ground working on my car. Again - replacement overnight. I picked up two spare batteries and chargers. Almost covered the deductible! ;)

For the poster carrying the insurance on a non-droid phone. That will not fly. You must specify Droid. I tried this myself and they said the Droid would not be eligible if I did not pay the higher premium.

cuskit
  17. Ed Blown Vert

Ed Blown Vert New Member

To me its easier to pay $6 a month. Then to forked out $500 or whatever it is to replace the Droid.

I had to use the insurance once, it wil simple and easy. Just had to make a Police Report.
  18. Harrybub

Harrybub New Member

I just called Verizon to add insurance and was told I only had 15 days not 30. I got mine 20 or so days ago.

HB
  19. Laurence5905

Laurence5905 New Member

On the phoneclaims.com/verizon website, under the heading entitled "How To Get It" they say the following:

"For any of these programs, Verizon Wireless customers can only enroll within 30 days of the following:
    • New account activation with new equipment.
    • Upgrade with new equipment purchase.
    • To enroll in any of these programs, customers should contact Verizon Wireless Customer Service at (800) 922-0204 or visit any Verizon Wireless retail store location; or to enroll in the Asurion Wireless Phone Protection program only, customers should call Asurion at (888) 881-2622."
    The Verizon Rep was wrong -- send him/her to that website. It clearly states you have 30 days...
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  20. Laurence5905

Laurence5905 New Member

You WILL run into problems -- the $4-per-month plan does NOT cover smartphones. It has a cap of $400 per claim -- the full retail price of the Droid is $600.
Search tags for this page

add insurance to verizon after declined

best buy add insurance to the phone after purchasing

can i buy insurance on my droid phone after i bought it

can i buy verzion insurance after i bought the phone

can i get insurance on my device with verizon after ive bought ut

can i get insurance on my verizon phone, after i buy it

can i get verizon insurance 30 days after purchase

can i get verizon insurance after i've bought the phone

can i purchase insurance after purchasing my phone from at&t

can you add verizon insurance after purchase

get phone insurance after already denied