Buying from somewhere other than a VZW store

luckmylife

Reaction score
I guess this question doesn't apply to a lot of people here since most already have their Droids, but for those of us without them and trying to make the best deal, VZW stores aren't it. I just want to know what to expect from buying my phone from somewhere other than a VZW store such as Best Buy, Wal Mart, or other stores. Is there a huge difference from dealing with them? Warrenty, returns, replacements... what?

Sorry if this is already discussed elsewhere but it's really hard to look for. Searching results in no hits.

DakotaLG

Reaction score
I bought mine off of amazon.com and it ships straight from Motorola. I assume it still has a warranty, but you still want to have insurance on your phone from Verizon as just in case. Buying it from places other than Verizon are often cheaper too.

OP
luckmylife

luckmylife

Reaction score
Yea I'm planning on getting mine from Best Buy with a $119 price match :icon_ banana:
So could I get the Verizon insurance if I buy from Best Buy?

DakotaLG

Reaction score
Yeah, you can get the insurance put on anytime and they probably can do it right there at Best Buy. The insurance only costs $5.00 a month, plus another $50.00 if you end up having to get it replaced but that's cheaper than a new phone if you lose or get water damage or some other unfortunate event

OP
luckmylife

luckmylife

Reaction score
Sweet, thanks!

If I had any problems with the phone, would I go to a VZW store or Best Buy? Or could I go to both?

DakotaLG

Reaction score
It probably wouldn't matter, but Verizon has pretty damn good customer service so i would use them as the default go-to guys for issues and questions