buying at 12:01am?

ebean

Reaction score
anyone have a feeling about whether we can order just after midnight tonite online?

jakens84

Reaction score
I think it's supposed to be around 12:30AM EST when they go on sale.
I will be on from 12:01AM until 1:00AM EST checking the site...
That is, if I can't get one at Walmart tonight.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'll also be checking at midnight. Im not sure about the walmart though

jakens84

Reaction score

I'll also be checking at midnight. Im not sure about the walmart though

Almost got it at Walmart tonight. The manager stopped the sale though when he realized it was the Droid. Damn!

lauriep

Reaction score
I wonder why VZ online couldn't sell them TODAY to ship for arrival TOMORROW, the release date. It isn't as if we would have had them in our hands prior to the official date. Now, online orderers are at a disadvantage because they won't receive theirs (mine) until Saturday or Monday. Doesn't seem fair...

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah i agree with that, they should have opened it up today for the orders through their website.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah i agree with that, they should have opened it up today for the orders through their website.

I seond that! Then id have mine tomorrow ;)

medicTHREE

Reaction score
You get instant rebate so you can't cry. That is their thinking. If youw ant it right away, go to the store.

jakens84

Reaction score
I wonder why VZ online couldn't sell them TODAY to ship for arrival TOMORROW, the release date. It isn't as if we would have had them in our hands prior to the official date. Now, online orderers are at a disadvantage because they won't receive theirs (mine) until Saturday or Monday. Doesn't seem fair...

I was actually wondering about that too.

pilot25

Reaction score
Marketing... It's about the lines and hype. It's not about the few who really want the device. It's about the masses knowing the device exists and desired by people like us. It's why stores were given marching orders not to sell early or tell people how many are available. If you know there are hundreds then why show up early in line?

It's all marketing. Fortunately for us the hype isn't there. The iphone had hype from the today show to CNBC. I haven't heard a thing from the "mainstream". Good for us but I'm sure it's irking the Moto and Verizon execs. to no end.

OP
ebean

ebean

Reaction score
ok...mine is ordered but the verizon site mucked up. i was supposed to have $99 credit and the $100 rebate and the 1st time i added it to my cart it said $99. for the phone. i had to cancel out and went back to change my plan and then it charged me $149 for the phone. ordered it anyway and will sort it out on the phone tomorrow with verizon.
but where were those desk holder/chargers i heard about????