buying an unlocked droid X, and actually using it in Japan

dgreed

Reaction score
hows it going, I'm currently in Japan doing U.S. navy ****, and I'd like to invest my money in the best phone on the market,which is the droid X in my oppinion

I was wondering if I buy one from verizon without a contract($650) will it only be compatible with verizon? or if I'm lucky enough to find one unlocked from somewhere else would I even be able to use it here Japan.

and last but not least, does anybody know a site where I could find one, I've seen em on ebay,but I see droid X's that say unlocked but have verizon in parenthesis...there is no verizon in japan!

if I cant have a droid, nobody can!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
But only 1x in limited locations.....Not worth it IMHO.

leonozug

Reaction score
degreed, I think an Incredible 2 would be a better choice as it's a global phone. That may work better for ya.

UNC

Reaction score
Just buy a Droid2Global from Ebay or some other website, and get a Japanese sim-card. The Droid2Global is actually clocked higher than the DX (1.2 vs 1.0 Ghz) Then when you get back to the states you can sell it and buy a newer phone.

Rocko

Reaction score
Unlocked? How do you unlock a GSM phone? haha. Dont waste your money. Get a global phone. Droid 2 Global, etc.