Buying a phone at Best Buy vs Verizon Store

envirosciguy

Reaction score
okay so i'm on a family plan. my brother's line is available for an upgrade, however, mine isn't... will BB do an upgrade transfer like you could at VZW? i know i can do it online thru VZW but the phone i want is free at BB and at VZW it's $100 so its seems silly to spend the money because i was afraid to ask a question. thanks.

I have the same question: At BB, on a family plan, can you use the available upgrade on the phone of another family member?

jawa6969

Reaction score
okay so i'm on a family plan. my brother's line is available for an upgrade, however, mine isn't... will BB do an upgrade transfer like you could at VZW? i know i can do it online thru VZW but the phone i want is free at BB and at VZW it's $100 so its seems silly to spend the money because i was afraid to ask a question. thanks.

I have the same question: At BB, on a family plan, can you use the available upgrade on the phone of another family member?

Bump.

I would also like to know this. My wifes line has an upgrade available as I recently used the one on my line to get her a Droid X (which I did at a Verizon store). Can BB use the upgrade on her line for a phone to be used on mine?

envirosciguy

Reaction score
Hey, me too would like to know. :)

So I just called Best Buy in Oxnard, CA and they said they can do it as long as you're the authorized user of the account. So I may be heading over after work to put in my pre order.

v4npro

Reaction score
So can all this be done in BB:

Use line 1 upgrade for line 2.
Then give line 1 my DX(line 1 currently doesn't have data so it would need to be added).

Would that be ok? Does having a ROM installed the DX have any complications on activating it on a different line?

Last edited:

JFMFT

Reaction score
So BB can deactivate my DX # put it on the TB, and then can I get my DX to be activated on another line which currently doesn't have data but would have to add it to it? If so, would it matter if a ROM's installed on the phone?

Yes they can activate the TB on your line.

Yes they can activate the Dx on another line which will require that you add a data package for that line.

Doesn't matter to them or anyone if you're using a custom ROM. Only if you're warrantying the phone out.

You're good to go!

JFMFT

Reaction score

Bump.

I would also like to know this. My wifes line has an upgrade available as I recently used the one on my line to get her a Droid X (which I did at a Verizon store). Can BB use the upgrade on her line for a phone to be used on mine?

Yes, they can do this for you.

v4npro

Reaction score
So BB can deactivate my DX # put it on the TB, and then can I get my DX to be activated on another line which currently doesn't have data but would have to add it to it? If so, would it matter if a ROM's installed on the phone?

Yes they can activate the TB on your line.

Yes they can activate the Dx on another line which will require that you add a data package for that line.

Doesn't matter to them or anyone if you're using a custom ROM. Only if you're warrantying the phone out.

You're good to go!

Thanks! Looking forward using the TB.. hopefully it's next week, my pay day!