buying a Droid Incredible

vettec4

Reaction score
I am thinking of buying my Wife and I a Droid Incredible at Verizon for $149.99 buy one get one free and the offer expires today, do you think I should waite for mybe a better deal they might have after Christmas or grab this one today ? thanks, don't kmow what to do

denmcdon

Reaction score
Best Buy here in RI is giving them away free with a new activation or eligable upgrade.I wonder if its nationwide?Go check it out.

squirrelonfire

Reaction score
Well the offer is incredible but the Incredible precedes its reputation. Yes it is incredible but the battery is NOT incredible. On stand by mode, the battery will die in less than a day. Using GPS will kill your battery in less than 30 mins. Also there is the pinch/zoom problem with the Incredible.
The Nexus S is out and it's $199 (w/ a plan). You should get that for yourself and let your wife get the free Incredible from Best Buy. That' s the best choice.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Granted I am running a custom rom/kernel, the battery LASTS OVER a day in standby. I lose about 10% for about 10 hours on standby. I upgraded from a Droid, and the battery isn't that much worse than a stock droid (once again, granted I am running a custom rom/kernel).

squirrelonfire

Reaction score
I thought about running custom ROM but with all the inconveniences it comes with, I bought the Seidio 3500 battery instead. I wish I have $200 to buy that new Nexus S.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There's no inconvieniences, got my Inc on Sunday, Started rooting on monday, finished within an hour.

markymark

Reaction score
Well the offer is incredible but the Incredible precedes its reputation. Yes it is incredible but the battery is NOT incredible. On stand by mode, the battery will die in less than a day. Using GPS will kill your battery in less than 30 mins. Also there is the pinch/zoom problem with the Incredible.
The Nexus S is out and it's $199 (w/ a plan). You should get that for yourself and let your wife get the free Incredible from Best Buy. That' s the best choice.

I leave GPS on all the time and I easily go a day or more without charging with normal phone and text usage, 3 email accounts.

squirrelonfire

Reaction score
When I said GPS I mean using navigation app like Google navigation or VZW navigation to tell you where to drive to your destination. That will drain your battery in a heart beat. Location service isn't same as GPS.

markymark

Reaction score
Agree navigation will drain your battery fast, I have a car charger so if I'm using the phone for nav I keep it charging at the same time.

Almagest

Reaction score
I love my incredible. I don't know how I lived with out it. And I got it for free at bestbuy on black Friday. Not one problem yet. The battery does run down quickly but whenever I'm not using my phone I just turn the internet off. Still get texts and calls and lasts me a whole work day.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

a44kaliburll

Reaction score
why are people telling this guy to get the nexus s instead? I think its pretty obvious hes on Verizon. The nexus s IS NOT a Verizon phone...

if it is a Verizon phone, please tell me now because I will buy it today. Like now. Because I want that phone. lol

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
why are people telling this guy to get the nexus s instead? I think its pretty obvious hes on Verizon. The nexus s IS NOT a Verizon phone...

if it is a Verizon phone, please tell me now because I will buy it today. Like now. Because I want that phone. lol

+1 I was about to post that too

°^°

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
My brother has a dinc (meaning I have used one for comparison) and I have a Droid 1....I would find a NIB Droid 1 if you actually need to use your phone all day without charging. I wouldn't trade my droid for two dinc's...maybe two dinc's and a Droid X.

*edit*
I think the HTC Incredible is a good device, very fast without being overclocked, live wallpapers are actually smooth, very responsive launcher qualities...etc..etc

---------------------
fivefour on xda
@f1vefour on twitter