Buying a Charge from Sam's club

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by aj072094, Nov 24, 2011.

1. aj072094

aj072094 New Member

As of now, Sam's club has a promotional deal selling the charge for 1$!!! but the thing is I don't have my upgrade right now. I am a part of family plan and my wife does have her upgrade so i planned on just upgrading her line, deactivating the phone and activating it for my line. But in the policy for sam's club it stated:

You agree to repay $200 of this discount ($400 for smartphones, tablets, and netbooks) and authorize us to charge your credit card in repayment of this amount if, you signed up for a 2 year agreement and during the 181 days after your new equipment is activated, Verizon Wireless notifies us that the services you purchased have been suspended, disconnected, or deactivated, or if you return your purchase outside of the return and exchange provisions of our 14-day Satisfaction Guarantee.

Please note some of the reasons Verizon Wireless may notify us of a deactivation include if:
    [​IMG]You transfer this equipment to another Verizon Wireless line of service after it is activated
    [​IMG]You change your Verizon Wireless rate plan to a lower monthly service rate than was specifically required at the point of purchase
    [​IMG]You deactivate texting/data features that were specifically required at the point of purchase
    [​IMG]The new line of service activated with your order is used to replace a pre-existing Verizon Wireless account

Does this mean I cant switch the phones out when i upgrade?
  2. DamirD1984

DamirD1984 New Member

well... I have upgraded my other 2 lines on the family plan trough local Fry's Store (not the online version) and Best Buy. It made no difference to them as to which line the phone goes to, I just had to tell em, whos upgrade eligibility I was going to use, and on which line to activate the phone on. The reason for me picking Best Buy and local Fry's store, because they do not make any changes to my plan what so ever, just like you were upgrading trough Verizon, but cheaper cost on the phones :).

Sam's Club seems to be like wirefly, letstalk, and some other vendors like it, even if you were to upgrade your line and use the phone on it, you were not given the option to continue your plan as you had it. In my case, I had to give up my unlimited minutes to any cell phone on any carrier in order to upgrade trough letstalk, which I am not willing to do, and some do require you to take on a tiered data plan, and give up your unlimited data.

From the sounds of it, seems like they do not allow you to alter your plan what so ever, except adding more to it, as of signing up with them. I would call or go to the store and talk to them, and ask about just using your wife's upgrade eligibility but activating the phone on your line instead, right there in the store, and not after using the upgrade activation.
  3. cebosound

cebosound New Member

Yeah, Amazon seems to have that 181 (no change) policy also.

This is a great deal from Sams Club. I think the Charge is very underated.

I checked the deal out through Sams club. its legit! thanks for sharing.
  4. HuggerZ

HuggerZ New Member

I got mine through Sam's on Black Friday. Awesome deal and so far liking this phone. Can't beat the price! ;)
  5. cebosound

cebosound New Member

congratz! ... did you get the charge or the Razr?
  6. HuggerZ

HuggerZ New Member

Charge. It's listed under my avatar there.
  7. cebosound

cebosound New Member

Gotcha. let us know your impressions of the phone, after you try it out a little bit. :)
Search tags for this page

activate new phone at sam's club cancel service 14 days

buying verizon phone at sam's club

buying verizon phone at sam's club#gsc.tab

can you buy a sams verizon phone and add it to your plan

cell phone purchased from sam,s how do you activate

if you purchase a cell phone at sams club or staples, do the

isverizon cheaper through sam's club?