Buyer's Remorse thread: Tech stuff mainly

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
LOL +1 on the "pewpew", they never lose their value if you have to unload it.
See what I did there....

S5 tap'n
You're a Genius and a wordsmith ;)

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I tried to bring it back to the topic at hand, "buying tech and the depression that follows", but I've got peers that are also on the train ;)

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
HEY!! I contributed, kinda.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The Galaxy Nexus and HTC Thunderbolt are the obvious ones. The Galaxy Nexus I returned and bought like 4 or 5 times because i wanted to love it.

For me the latest have to be Android Wear devices. It's a niche device that are valuable to those who work with their hands or want it for running. But the rest of us it is unnecessary. Majority of us have our phones in our hands 90% of the time anyway. In fact what can you think of that you have in your hand more than your phone (try and keep it clean)? If you are in an office environment you use your phone for work or an extension of work as well as keep up with current events.

I don't know if opening up android wear to manufacturers to differentiate itself like on phones would help. Because at the end of the day if you don't like to wear a watch a computer screen on the watch face may only get you to wear it long enough until you find yourself putting it in the drawer with all the other watches people bought you for Christmas.

The other thing was the Asus flip because of apps on Chromebook. I took it back more because I needed the money. But I am ready to see manufacturers take full advantage of what Google is doing with ChromeOS and make detachable keyboards so we can go from Chrome to Tablet.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
PC, what this thread could also work into is what tech "didn't" you buy because you figured you'd have remorse for it afterwards, and the whole Android wear/Smartwatch hits it for me on that...

I also bought the Galaxy Nexus, and although I liked it because of the root-ability, I didn't like it because it needed to be rooted to be close to adequate.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
PC, what this thread could also work into is what tech "didn't" you buy because you figured you'd have remorse for it afterwards, and the whole Android wear/Smartwatch hits it for me on that...

I also bought the Galaxy Nexus, and although I liked it because of the root-ability, I didn't like it because it needed to be rooted to be close to adequate.
The thing I didn't buy was a Gnex. I knew the specs sucked when compared to the Rezound I ended up getting instead and that Verizon was handling the updates. It was a duh thing to me, not so much that I'd end up regretting buying it.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I didn't buy it but I did receive a Moto Hint for Christmas one year (after having asked for it). I used it all of two times and it went back in the box. The concept behind it was nice even though I only had a first gen Moto X at the time...but it just didn't deliver. The sound quality was completely lacking and it just didn't do it for me.

I saw a FitBit mentioned too...while I didn't get one for myself, my girlfriend wanted one for Christmas last year. I got it for her, it took her till March to (get me to) set it up, and then she used it maybe 2 weeks and I haven't seen it since.

I've can't recall ever taking anything back that I didn't like but there have probably been some other things I've picked up that I just quit using for one reason or another shortly after the purchase. I think now that I'm on a tighter budget than I was ~10 years ago, I really watch what I buy.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The thing I didn't buy was a Gnex. I knew the specs sucked when compared to the Rezound I ended up getting instead and that Verizon was handling the updates. It was a duh thing to me, not so much that I'd end up regretting buying it.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
Interesting, I went back and looked at some reviews, they're about apples to apples, I had 2 HTC phones before and was tired of HTC sense, IMO neither "sucked", mainly one OS was Open without bloat, and the other with added product bloat. Good thing there's choice.