Buyer beware!!! Yahoo mail will not work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
I

isitkiller

Reaction score
Yahoo does work, but the caveat is not to turn on WiFi, if you do, however (cause it is there to be used), you need to close the email process and restart.

MCoupe

Reaction score
I guess what I didn't understand here was that people are setting up a live connection with Yahoo Mail (like GMail)?

My Yahoo mail works on WiFi and 3G (through the browser).

bgdave

Reaction score
I was having issues getting Yahoo Mail setup and then found this forum when I first got my Droid. I used the info in this post to set my region to Asia within Yahoo webmail for Pop fowarding and it has worked like a charm ever since. I first did this on 2.0 and it has still worked fine even with 2.0.1 update. I have had no issues with 3G or Wi-Fi with this setup.

OP
I

isitkiller

Reaction score
No matter what people say, this definitely a DROID issue and not Yahoo.
Yahoo mail stopped working for me again without any switch to WiFi.
Just been on 3G network all along. Then I tried to kill the email task,
no go. Then I rebooted the DROID, again I'm back to Yahoo. Looks
like similar to the Camera issue, Yahoo mail also is on some weird stupid cycle so that it stops working so often.

Doesn't matter whose problem it is, bottom line is "BUYER BEWARE!!!!"
Title of this thread remais TRUE that the YAHOO mail does not
work on DROID.

pbz

Reaction score
Yahoo Mail work-around! It will work on Droid.

Hi, I got Yahoo mail on both my accounts to work on my Motorola Droid. You go into your Gmail settings (upper right in Gmail), Accounts and Settings tab, and from there configure by putting in Import from another address, and Send mail from another address. Also, Reply from the same address the message was sent to. Choices include (easy) sending yahoo replies thru Gmail's servers -which labels it something like "From [email protected] sent thru [email protected]". Or you can make it a little more difficult setup & have it only say it's from the yahoo address. :yeahbaby01:
Go to this website for more info:
Setup 2 - Gmail Help
Don't click on the yahoo.com in the list, that just takes you to yahoo's web page. Click on Step1, Step2, etc on the left.
It works great! No more manually "going to" a website to get the yahoo mail. It just goes to gmail, and the droid retrieves it automatically. Ah. So nice. The test I just sent actually arrived in my gmail account faster than in my yahoo account!

papy72

Reaction score
Hi, I got Yahoo mail on both my accounts to work on my Motorola Droid.
Does it delete the email (or flag it as read) from the yahoo inbox when it sends it to your gmail inbox?

fmserc

Reaction score
my yahoo works fine...guess you should search it first.

tech6

Reaction score
I have AOL and Gmail on my Droid. How do you find the location to add additional email accounts? For me just pressing the email icon doesn't work. It just takes me to my two email accounts. Can you guys help me out please? :)

drkpablo

Reaction score
I just don't get why one would be using yahoo mail to begin with... never mind an ANDROID user.

JESSLYMK

Reaction score
Hold up guys!! I got my Droid in NOV and felt your pain; then I found the DroidForum :icon_ banana:....what a God-send!! I learned a great deal on the care and feeding of the Droid... a lot of which is not in the manual or available on-line. One of the finds was how to set up the Droid to receive Yahoo Mail without buying into the Plus...

txskeets posted this information:

"Go to manual setup > IMAP account and change to these settings....

Imap server - imap.mail.yahoo.com

SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com"

I followed the info and have been getting all of my e-mail from the two Yahoo mail accounts I have. What's really great is that when I open the e-mail window it will update...so that any mail you already read and deleted gets deleted in front of your eyes!

Try it, you'll like it!! :D

r3

I agree. I have two yahoo mail accts and they both sync and work fine. In fact, they sometimes work better than my gmail acct.

I am with there. I have had my droid since Nov 6 and I have had more trouble with Gmail not syncing than my yahoo. My yahoo works just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.