BUY The Force Awakens Now On The Play Store!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I had the opportunity to watch The Force Awakens on Monday, and I am already itching to see the movie again! This is normally not the case for me at all. Normally If I have watched a movie one time I could not care less if I ever watch the movie again. That feeling of already knowing what is coming up takes away the entertainment element for me.

For some reason this is different. I feel like in my entrancement over just being in awe over the film I may have missed a few things, and I would love the chance to be able to process the movie a second time. I also just really enjoyed the movie and had so much fun watching it I know I won't be able to wait for Episode 8 for more! I will be watching this one over and over again. It almost makes me mad that I can't just buy this movie now.

Why can't they just give you a ticket to pay to download the film on your way out of the theater. This way they don't miss out on the theater revenue and you can still consume it at home as soon as you like.

This movie won't release on Blu-Ray and digital for at least 6 months I'm sure. Hopefully Disney won't go bonkers and do something like James Cameron did with the year long theater release of Titanic. I just don't think I can wait that long. I might even be tempted to do an illegal stream if they make us wait that long LOL.

If you want to be able to watch this the moment it comes out you can pre-order it now on the Play Store for $14.99. That is not a bad price at all. The Pre-Order page doesn't specify if this price is for HD or SD, but I would imagine they would have a separate option for HD if it were going to cost more. Head to the link below for the pre-order.

via Play Store

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
It's because theaters make the bulk of their money from concessions. And they know a lot of people will go back and see it again in the theater. If movies went straight purchase, a lot of theaters would go out of business.
I'm on board with your way of thinking though.

S5 tap'n

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What BS to try to presale it sooooo far in advance. That is IMO just greed.
They do that with all the movies. The moment it hit theaters they do pre-sales. They do that to capitalize on the excitement. Personally I have no qualm with it.

Sometimes they do offer pre-sale discounts but I'll admit that it is not worth it as most fans of a certain movie will prefer the box for the extras. Where digital gains is that it is out most of the time a week or two before DVD, where it loses is that it do not have extras like with DVD collections.

Plus a movie like Star wars is going to make its money anyway. Fans will see it 3-4 times in theaters, buy the digital copy, and buy each DVD collector's edition of a different face and the DVD collection.

Sent from my Nexus 6

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
It's because theaters make the bulk of their money from concessions. And they know a lot of people will go back and see it again in the theater. If movies went straight purchase, a lot of theaters would go out of business.
I'm on board with your way of thinking though.

S5 tap'n

And you know what's really sad? I guarantee Disney was greedy enough to ask for a percentage of concession sales too. Well, I shouldn't say greedy. More like smart. They know their movie is going to bring EVERYONE to the theatre so it's a nice bargaining chip. "Oh, you don't want to give us concession sales? Then you don't have to have our movie. Good luck selling out your theatre. BYE!"

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I own the VHS versions both single and box set, also the same for DVD, and also Blu-ray. I can see the next 3 having singles the the last 3 collectors pack, then all nine in some super collection. Wonder where the 3D version will impact all of this. I happen to love 3D and saw the movie in 3D. Very nice! Subtle and not overblown like some are - just seemed natural to me. Oh and yes I likely will get sucked into buying all the new versions once again!

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
The Pre-Order page doesn't specify if this price is for HD or SD, but I would imagine they would have a separate option for HD if it were going to cost more.​

...on another note, does anybody know why SD still exists???

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I don't know but on my Dish On Demand many SD versions are more expensive to rent than their HD counter parts, in some cases HD is free but SD is ~$4-6

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2

Because they charge more. At least Amazon n, Google and Apple do.
I simply refuse to pay an extra dollar for HD of a rental. If more people did that, it might go away.

TapaTurboII

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
most TVs will upconvert SD to HD anyhow so you won't really see much of a difference

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Who pays extra for HD? Anyone? Hoping I'm not alone....

TapaTurboII

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I do. Why buy/rent the SD version if an HD version is available? A dollar isn't going to break me.
But that's just me.

S5 tap'n

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Why on earth would you preorder digital content that can never physically run out? It doesn't seem like it's even at any special, lower-than-usual price?