Buy one get one problem.

gkeller16

Reaction score
So I just upgraded to dx2 10 days ago and saw the bogo today on the x2. My wife has a upgrade due on her line so I figure since im within my 14 day return policy they should be able to do the deal on the 2nd DROID. Well basically I was shutdown rather rudely by Verizon, so I said fine ill just return the one I just got and reactivate my og DROID a few days then rebuy the x2 for my wife and I.

Well I was informed I could do that however I will lose my unlimited data if I return this phone for any reason. I really do not understand, I was under the impression previous customers were grandfathered in but apparently if you use your upgrade or return a phone the next time you upgrade you lose the unlimited data. Does this sound correct or am I being fed the typical Verizon bs?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

antron007

Reaction score
That's because if you "return" the phone i think they also cancel the contract. You have to renew your current contract to keep unlimited data. They no longer offer that plan but since its your old plan you keep it. I just upgraded to the dx2 from the og DROID and that's the way it was explained to me because I asked. Also most of the promotions are only for new contracts.

And it wouldn't surprise me if the grandfather cause only extends to 1 renewal but I didn't ask that :-(
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
G

gkeller16

Reaction score
I ended up calling the local corporate store and the manager did tell me that the Verizon customer service was wrong. He said 14 day does include sale prices or bogo offers, and he will take care of it. So everything worked out ok in the end hopefully,we'll see if a problem arises when I pick it up Wednesday. Also he did say I should have still gotten unlimited data.

vvildcard

Reaction score
Just stick with it... continue to 'harrass' Verizon and talk with the customer service managers. It's just a matter of time before they cave and give you your unlimited plan back.