Buy one Droid get one free

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Apparently people are not reading the entire post. Multiple people have contacted Verizon and it has been confirmed to be false. Do you think Verizon will simply say "SURPRISE! You just got a free phone if you activate a new line" as you walk in the store....you would see commercials and advertising ALA the Blackberry commercials on TV when you buy one and got one for free. (It is already Thursday. And it is only a 3-day sale sale according to that website.

J. Dub

Reaction score
Even if this is not true, it will be one day. I just wish companies like VZW would appreciate their EXISTING customers instead of always bowing down to new customers.
I agree w/ you. However, at the end of the quarter. It's all about which company added more new customers. More new customers you have. The more appealing you look to those investing in your company. And I agree, it sucks.

Silverwing

Reaction score
You add a new line and sign up for a two year contract, thats $600 in a data plan alone, ontop of that you have to pay the other stuff - it may not be a bad business decision at all to get more customers.

Silverwing

Reaction score
I find it to be unfortunate. Cheapens the value of the phone. I hope its not true...and if it is hopefully it is only for those 3 days.

Have you guys heard of market value? It has nothing to do with paying for technology as its new. Obviously, just like with most products, as time progresses the price will go down.

It is simply bad business. Verizon knows the Droid is their flagship phone at the moment (a month in to sales). They don't need to give it out like candy to make it a favorite for sheep to graze.

You can look at all my posts and I have a firm supporter of Droid...but giving one away free just makes the phone seem to have an inferiority (which is also bad for consumer perception). Verizon did this with Blackberrys after the Storm rush and the Storm failure. Last time I checked..there was no Droid failure.

It makes no sense to do this with a Droid, a little over a month in to sales...with the amount of hype and good reviews existing. You don't go buying a brand new Mercedes for $15,000.

Are you 15 or less? Because, I don't know why you care if people are going to think less of your phone. Its like wearing brand name jeans and a brand named shirt because people will think you are cool. You are silly!

LordKastle

Reaction score
Learn about marketing and management and other aspects such as supply and demand..then come back and talk. I love how people continue to put words in other people's mouths.

"Supply and demand is an economic model based of price determination in a market. It concludes that in a competitive market, price will function to equalize the quantity demanded by consumers, and the quantity supplied by producers, resulting in an economic equilibrium of price and quantity."

If Verizon stoops to lows and desperate actions there is something behind the scenes causing it. It's not about looking cool, it is about de-valuing the product. The report was false on that website anyway. Thankfully. So any of you looking to steal a new Droid phone...too bad :)

I do agree the only benefit that could ever come from this is simply getting the Android OS out there to spread like wildfire. Then again, Verizon therefore makes everyone dependent on them...ALA becoming a slave. (In reality---possibly understandable if the goal is too make the app/game marketplace more of a success)

Last edited:

n0cturne74

Reaction score
The get one free options are the LG Glance or the LG VX5500, according to the Verizon website. But I suppose that could be set to change on Friday.
These phones are the only two available with the Droid and Eris BOGO offer. It's on Verizon's website.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The get one free options are the LG Glance or the LG VX5500, according to the Verizon website. But I suppose that could be set to change on Friday.
These phones are the only two available with the Droid and Eris BOGO offer. It's on Verizon's website.

Might grab one as a backup....

SoCal65

Reaction score
From (Updated) Verizon Buy One Get One for the Droid (Eris) Confirmed | Android Phone Fans

Why is the Z missing from Verizon?? Sometimes companies do stuff like that to pinpoint leakers.... hmmmmm

Anyway, buy a Droid or Droid Eris, and get a Droid Eris free with second line...

flier2-550x673.jpg

elowe65

Reaction score
Just saw a TV commercial for the offer.
Caught the last part of it though.

I'm going by the store tomorrow at lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.