buy now?

droidreajoh

Reaction score
Got my upgrade date moved up a few weeks.... do I hold out a bit to wait and see if the price comes down? Or is it possible they pull the rebate and it goes to $299 ?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would see if VZW will match some of the other prices for the DROID floating around. I know there were some threads about it.

It won't be more than $199 if you're eligible for an upgrade.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I upgraded mine over the phone and got my rebate instantly as well :)

went thru VZW directly.

thelion

Reaction score
VZW has not been matching prices and I don't see the price coming down much. I also don't really see them yanking the rebate either. But who knows.

You can buy at a 3rd party and get the rebate upfront (plus your NE2 discount) but then you have to deal with them if there is an issue with the phone.

Your call, really.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
It's always the same with any "hot new phone", the price is high when they first come out and drops pretty dramatically from there (I know somebody that paid $1000 for one of the first Motorola Startacs - remember those?).

It really comes down to how bad you want it and whether you're willing to wait. It will get cheaper, only a question of when.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Got my upgrade date moved up a few weeks.... do I hold out a bit to wait and see if the price comes down? Or is it possible they pull the rebate and it goes to $299 ?
Have you checked to see what you can get it for from Verizon online with your NE2 discount? IIRC, my SO just got hers for $99.

OP
D

droidreajoh

Reaction score
My ne2 isn't up for 18 months. I going to costco today $199 instant rebate. I can't wait any more! :icon_eek: Hope I can find a car dock locally.....