Buy good, inexpensive android

tituswife

Reaction score
My Droid2 backup phone is falling apart. Has anyone used Gizmodo or other place to buy a reliable phone? Thanks! :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

t35rk

Reaction score
My Droid2 backup phone is falling apart. Has anyone used Gizmodo or other place to buy a reliable phone? Thanks! :)

I've used this local salt lake city site for 2 used phones.

www.ksl.com/?nid=677&cat=615

Check Craigslist and make sure the phone has a clean esn.

A $75 original Incredible is the best used phone out there for a sub $100 price imo.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
How do you check for a clean esn? Thanks for the other ideas!

t35rk

Reaction score
How do you check for a clean esn? Thanks for the other ideas!

You can take the number, which is underneath the battery, into any Verizon store or just call it in. But pre screen an add first, and keep in mind not all sellers realize their phone has a bad esn. A red flag are sellers who are no longer on Verizon, which means they may have terminated their contract early and didn't pay the penalty. Verizon will disable that phone. Another one is that they must sell the phone "today", which could mean the device was stolen. That device will be disabled as well.

If you call someone just ask if it has a clean esn. You will quickly get an indication of if you want to deal with that person or not. Look for sellers who have upgraded their Verizon device and no longer need the one that you are considering.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
Thank you!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForu sadms

OP
tituswife

tituswife

Reaction score
Thank you all. Thankfully, the problems with my backup phone have resolved themselves for now. Amazing what a factory reset can accomplish!