Buy Friend's Droid X or wait?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by napes22, Mar 28, 2011.

  1. napes22

    napes22 Member

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2010
    Messages:
    36
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently use the Droid 1 as my phone. I can get an upgrade now if I wanted to, but I'm not a big Thunderbolt fan. I was able to find a friend who would sell me his used Droid X for 150 (the phone is in great shape).

    Should I buy the X off my friend and then upgrade when more LTE devices come out, or just stand pat and stick with the OG Droid? I love the Droid keyboard, but it's such a limited phone at this point in the game.
     
  2. dezymond

    dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2009
    Messages:
    12,077
    Likes Received:
    1,503
    Trophy Points:
    573
    Location:
    Bay Area, California
    Ratings:
    +1,667
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    If I were in your shoes I'd just wait a bit. It's already april pretty much and summer is just around the corner when more devices will be released.

    You've held onto the Droid 1 for this long, why settle for an X when you already plan on upgrading to an LTE device?
     
  3. cwciwatch

    cwciwatch Member

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2010
    Messages:
    58
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Location:
    NH
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, I would wait. I am personally holding on for more devices. My D-1 is showing its age but still does well enough.
     
  4. Eiji

    Eiji New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2011
    Messages:
    27
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    Johnstown , PA
    Ratings:
    +0
    Id suggest spending the bit of cash on your friends X and using it for a few months while you wait for a goos lte phone. A trial run on a phone without a physical keyboard is never a bad thing, especially since the X is getting ota gb in the next few months.

    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
     
  5. Snow02

    Snow02 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2011
    Messages:
    1,341
    Likes Received:
    9
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Ratings:
    +9
    And you'll be able to the sell the X for 100-150 easy when you get ready to upgrade.
     
  6. cnmsales

    cnmsales Member

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2010
    Messages:
    593
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried the TB?

    It blows the Dx out of the water and is balls to the wall fast.
     
  7. matt2783

    matt2783 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2010
    Messages:
    161
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm pretty much in the same boat as you except I have to wait until August before I can upgrade. I would definitely buy a Droid X for $150 to use for the next few months if I could. It's not like it will be worthless once you you do upgrade to which ever LTE phone you get. You could probably sell it and make your money back.

    Although if I were you I would just buy the TB, besides battery life it's an awesome phone.
     
  8. napes22

    napes22 Member

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2010
    Messages:
    36
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Ratings:
    +0
    I Thanks for the advice, I think I'm going to buy it. I did however find an Incredible selling for 150 nearby my office on Craigslist.

    Outside of the fact that it would be a craigslist purchase, should I go for the X or the Incredible?

    Which do you think would have a higher resale value?
     
    #8 napes22, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  9. matt2783

    matt2783 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2010
    Messages:
    161
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd go for the Droid X. It's newer, nicer and will be more valuable if you decide to sell it in the future.
     
  10. napes22

    napes22 Member

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2010
    Messages:
    36
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Ratings:
    +0
    I havent made the purchase yet, but given today's leak of the VzW roadmap, should I hold off? The Incredible 2 is out end of April, and Bionic says May.

    I checked my account today and i'm actually eligible for an upgrade now (July) is if I want to use the New every 2 for the last time. I guess it's not worth spending 150 for 2 months.
     
  11. Droid Firefighter

    Droid Firefighter Senior Member

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2010
    Messages:
    1,633
    Likes Received:
    24
    Trophy Points:
    68
    Location:
    Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Ratings:
    +25
    Current Phone Model:
    S8
    I'm in same boat as you. I'm due in June and I'm going to wait to see the next crop of cool phones. Save the money and put it towards a new phone.

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
     
  12. napes22

    napes22 Member

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2010
    Messages:
    36
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Ratings:
    +0
    I actually found out I'm due for an update now, but I dont plan on getting the Thunderbolt.

    My option now is to 1) buy the Droid X off contract for 150, sell my droid, and then resell the X in 2 months, or 2) wait for the Incredible 2 or Droid Bionic. The Droid Bionic's 512 ram does scare me a little.
     
Search tags for this page

droidx how much will i get if i sell it today

,

used 2010 droid x value