Buttons on launcher, can the stock one just be Modded?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Drukan, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Drukan

Drukan Member

Ok , first off,so no one whines... I've searched every where from this forum to alldroid, to androidforums. The question I have either just hasn't been asked, or im just askin for somthing most know cant be done?

Every one is looking for the SenseUI style launcher that has the Phone and Browser Buttons working for DROID. The Launcher2's out there have this but are completely unstable with 2.0.1. There are however several "home replacement apps" that change the UI of the home screen to add "buttons" or shortcuts for just about everything. So...

MY QUESTION IS.. can the STOCK LAUNCHER (HOME) from 2.0.1 be modified in some way to ADD a "button" to either side of the "tab" that will act just like the SenseUI launcher?!? If Launcher2 doesnt work, why cant we mod the one that DOES?
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  2. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

The 2.1 launcher already has the code in place for buttons. Thats all those dots you see are. AFAIK you cannot do this to the 2.0.1 launcher without doing some major reconstruction of the source code, which is what the dev of Home ++ did I believe.
  3. Drukan

Drukan Member

Well thats kinda the point of my question. If the home ++ dev did it , why cant one of our other ingenious devs do something similar using the 2.0.1 launcher as a base. Im no programmer by far ( i turn wrenches) but it would seem to me that, its not that difficult of a task for someone who knows what they're doin... or am i just askin too much?
  4. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Well...when is the last time you saw a Home++ update, and how stable is it?

I don't think its that small of an undertaking to pretty much redesign the launcher.
  5. Drukan

Drukan Member

Point Taken.... heh