button instead of slide?

pointman

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I did plenty of searching and haven't found a solution.

Basically, I hate the swipe feature after hitting the power button. I would really like to be able to push a button instead of the slide feature.

I tried NO LOCK, its great but it doesn't offer any push button option to turn on.

Anyone suggestions on an app?

*I am using MYLOCK to answer calls, thats pretty good. Now only if I could find a solution for when I want to access my homescreen from when the phone's screen is off.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can try out Widgetlocker, great customer support

OP
P

pointman

Reaction score
Thanks. Might just do that. I guess I was too stuck on checking for free apps.:)

Another drawback to the No Lock... when someone calls, and you miss it.. the screen stays on.

Miniblue

Reaction score
I'm using MyLock and my screen comes on when I touch the power button. No swiping at all. I use Tedd's Droid Tools to answer the phone and it blocks all the inadvertent thing you can hit that drop calls. You need to go the the MyLock web page to get "MyLock Auto Unlock" Version 1.4c.

Running MetiCkMOD Beta 15 FROYO

capnfuffy

Reaction score
Not sure if your asking about unlocking phone or answering a call...
Widget locker has a feature to unlock phone via the back key.
Or you could always us the cyanogenmod rom which has the feature of unlocking via the settings key.

OP
P

pointman

Reaction score
I'm using MyLock and my screen comes on when I touch the power button. No swiping at all. I use Tedd's Droid Tools to answer the phone and it blocks all the inadvertent thing you can hit that drop calls. You need to go the the MyLock web page to get "MyLock Auto Unlock" Version 1.4c.

Running MetiCkMOD Beta 15 FROYO
Hi. Thanks, but what is different about that version from the current Mylock?

OP
P

pointman

Reaction score
Not sure if your asking about unlocking phone or answering a call...
Widget locker has a feature to unlock phone via the back key.
Or you could always us the cyanogenmod rom which has the feature of unlocking via the settings key.
Sorry about that. I wanted to be rid of the swipe altogether. But mostly if I had to pick one thing.. I want to get rid of the swipe to access the homescreen. I am running on the original firmware. Gonna check out the widget locker.

I am surprised that one has come up with an app that lets you bypass the swipe, but retain the passcode or some sort of push button unlock.

androidking

Reaction score
Due to the changes in froyo that close security holes in the lockscreen that had allowed apps to toggle off security or close the lockscreen from a transparent window, there is no telling what more will be done that further destroys the capability of interacting with the lockscreen via SDK apps.