But happy with this phone

Discussion in 'Samsung Fascinate' started by Jmax1138, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Jmax1138

Jmax1138 New Member

So I wanted the X from the get go, and my wife and I were talked into getting this instead. Unfortunately we are passed or 30 day return, period, I want the X, tried looking on ebay and have tried taking to Verizon, who aren't obviously going to so anything. What can I do? Really need some suggestions,.just so tired of having a phone that feels gimped with problems like signal and software issues.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
  2. Jmax1138

Jmax1138 New Member

Im sorry I meant to say not happy with phone

3. Yakuzagang5

Yakuzagang5 New Member

Find someone who will trade with you I guess. Shouldn't have let peer pressure get the best of you lol
  4. Jmax1138

Jmax1138 New Member

Seriously, I mean this phone had been ok for functionality, but email never works, no led notification is a joke, no 2.2 when everyone else has it and is moving on with more...idk what to do

5. klaudiadroid2

klaudiadroid2 New Member

Im thinking about trading my fascinate for a Droid x soon:( I have no hope for them updates anymore...
    You can try Craigslist.com
    Choose your county and Just go from there. They have everything but its from regular people you would have to meet up with and trade or buy a phone off of them. But make sure to check if ESn is clean.
    I already had the first Droid like brand new, droid2 like new,and now this fascinate like new ..and I got it all from craigslist. You can find some good deals just look:)

6. patfactorx

patfactorx New Member

Come to Motorola its good for u

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
  7. Jmax1138

Jmax1138 New Member

I called Verizon and they said I can get a droid 2 cpo phone shipped to me. Think that would be worth it? Or should I keep trying for the X?

8. edwards2243

edwards2243 New Member

I had the Continuum and ran into the same issue. I ended up paying the restocking fee for the droid 2...must say, having froyo made a HUGE difference. I also recently got the launcher pro app...made my d2 run even smoother!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  9. Jmax1138

Jmax1138 New Member

But,will it be worth it? I mean it seems cool, the only thing id hate to give up would be the screen size and camera

10. Jamis0n

Jamis0n New Member

Everything wrong with this phone has simple fixes. Also everyone isn't going anywhere past froyo for a long while because gingerbread is only going to the nexus s. Noled and launchers help this phone and froyo is otw. The update fixes over 25 things. We are just as frustrated and impatient as you are.

8pened!
  11. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

OP, I'm hear you but I get a strong feeling that these issues on your Fascinate can be dealt with.

The Fascinate is a great phone. They type of issues you're describing most people are not having. So I believe it could be something on your end that is the problem (That's a polite way of saying "user error";))

What attempts have you made at finding a solution to your email issue? Have you tried an app like K9 or Touchdown? Is your email properly set up to work with Gmail?

If any of the above is correct then you will more then likely have the same issues with the DX too.

Oh by the way, if your going to change phones anyway take the R2D2. I would. :)
  12. Jmax1138

Jmax1138 New Member

I have homeswitcher and noled with launcherpro. Smoothed alot out yes, email ive taken back to tech support numerous times, no resolution, same goes with my wifes. I guess I just had high expectations and maybe I'm just being anal retentive with everything.

13. Wabbitinspace

Wabbitinspace New Member

Wait it out dude, showing your Fascinate to people makes you seem cooler than showing a stuoid fat X or D2. Just sayin.

14. Yakuzagang5

Yakuzagang5 New Member

So youre saying you should buy a phone based on what other people think about it, not what you need to do with it?

But then again, I guess thats what the op did...... :icon_eek:

lol
  15. dispatch1054

dispatch1054 New Member

I just exchanged my Fascinate (after having it for a little over 3 weeks) for the Droid X, and I'm really happy with it. That said, I miss certain things about the Fascinate ( The Super AMOLED screen, the faster GPU). If you were within your 30 days, I think I would recommend switching, but since you're not I would say stay with the Fascinate. It's a really great phone and Froyo will make it even better. Also, look into rooting if you haven't already :). But, of course, if you're really unhappy, I would recommend trading on craigslist, buying and selling on eBay, or looking on another forum that allows trading. Good luck!
  16. Wabbitinspace

Wabbitinspace New Member

No, like I said, mr. gangster in japan.

17. lakas187

lakas187 New Member

I have had the, X, incredible, and now the fascinate all in less than a month. I really love the phone. So what if it has bugs... What phone, doesn't?.... like others have said, there are ways of going around them.

18. IamGov

IamGov New Member

A great point here is that all phones have issues. The X has focus issues and lag with camera. Also the resolution on that large screen is not good. All motor devices struggle with that blur crap as well.

Sorry to say, but style is a big factor with a lot of people now a days, if it wasn't then iPhones would not be as popular and blackberries would be dead to the non business user.

Wait it out sir, try some apps for your issues. Explain your email issue in more detail and perhaps someone here can help.

All that said. If you want the X then get it, or else everything will get compared to that in your mind. I know I have flown through over 35 phones in 3 years, the fascinate has haulted my search.

Sent via my Fascinate on the Droidforums app.
    Owned D1, Incred, X, D2, and the Fascinate is the best.
  19. KeepItReal

KeepItReal New Member

I love the Fascinate. There are some hiccups, just waiting for 2.2. If you can provide specifics, we can address your issues. There is nothing I can't do on the fascinate that the x can do (except the hdmi port) or the droid 2. The amoled screen is SO worth it.

20. lakas187

lakas187 New Member

Super amoled is niceĀ”!!!!!