But can I do this...?

UFMM

Reaction score
Hi,

I posted this over in the "new guy" area the other day... it was suggested that perhaps I'd have better luck here in the Razr forum.

-------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

I've had my Razr (on Verizon) for about two weeks now. I've figured out "most" of my issues but have a few that I haven't been able to figure out...

First, when I get a photo in a text message and save it, it currently saves to the internal memory... is there any way I can change that so that they save directly to the removable SD card? (I have figured out how to do it manually through the QuickPix app).

Secondly, a small thing but something I was kinda use to. On my old 'dumb' phone I was able to set up different notification tones for plain text messages and those that included pictures... I can't see how to do that on my Razr, I can't find anywhere that differentiates between types of email. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance

Bill

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Its simple! Use a different texting app, such as chomp, gosms, or handcent!

ablank

Reaction score
smspopup is a good one. Works seamlessly. I just can't figure out how to change the led color lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
As far as saving things to the internal memory, go into Settings>Storage>Scroll down to Media Sync Storage and change that to SD card.

OP
UFMM

UFMM

Reaction score
Its simple! Use a different texting app, such as chomp, gosms, or handcent!

OK... I've checked all three of them out, but none of them seem to have the ability to differentiate between different types of incoming emails (those that are just text vs those that have a photo or video) for notification tone purposes as far as I can tell. Like I said initially, it's not a big deal but on my old 'dumb' phone I had it setup that way, so I knew if there was an incoming picture (I get a lot). B-) On Verizon text messages are sent to xyz@vtext while photo & video email is sent to xyz@vzwpix... so it should be an available feature I would think.