Bummed out

ksmms

Reaction score
Love me my Droid phone, so made the plunge to buy the Xoom a few days before I head out to visit my elderly mother who doesn't have a wireless or any computer at all. I buy the Verizon 5-spot wireless gizmo to go along with my Xoom. Lo and behold, I think I have a lemon. Xoom shuts down and reboots itself for no particular reason whenever it feels like it, freezes apps, or quits apps entirely with no warning, and is a general pain to work with. Sending email updates to my family about our mother has been a challenge since Xoom decides to inexplicably quit in the middle of my composition. I'll need to wait until I return home (another state) to return the flaky thing. I'm completely bummed. Just attempting this message is a miracle in itself. Is it too much to ask that a product work as it should?

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that bruh. Have you tried a hard reboot? Hold volume up and power

OP
K

ksmms

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that bruh. Have you tried a hard reboot? Hold volume up and power

Several times and a factory reset too. It always goes back to acting completely unreliable. I've given up on it and just using my Droid until I can return it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

wcjeep

Reaction score
My wife downloaded some screensaver app from the market the Xoom didn't like. Deleted the app. No further problems. Did you download something incompatible with Gingerbread?

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
agree also, exchange it for another one. I have the WiFi version and had no issues with BT Tether or transferring files. hope u get one that works for u...good luck

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

cubuff

Reaction score
I would return it also. Mine has not had any of them problems

OP
K

ksmms

Reaction score
My wife downloaded some screensaver app from the market the Xoom didn't like. Deleted the app. No further problems. Did you download something incompatible with Gingerbread?

All these issues were there from the start right out of the box after charging and wifi connect. And I've also performed a factory reset which deletes al apps, data, etc.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
absolutely if its right out of the box before even rooting, customizing, etc...def exchange it. get another one. I would be frustrated too

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

OP
K

ksmms

Reaction score
I was able to exchange it today at a BestBuy close to my mother's home in CA. My new one is acting the way it should! Zero crashes, freezes, hangs, ot reboot. So this is what a Xoom should be!

ilovechi23

Reaction score
I was able to exchange it today at a BestBuy close to my mother's home in CA. My new one is acting the way it should! Zero crashes, freezes, hangs, ot reboot. So this is what a Xoom should be!

glad it worked out for you :icon_ laughup:

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score

Welcome back bruh!