Built in CPU Control

trmiv

Reaction score
Same kernel I have installed, I can't get it to work. No matter what I do SetCPU profiles aren't applied at reboot, and the CPU speed is off unless I move the slider.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Same kernel I have installed, I can't get it to work. No matter what I do SetCPU profiles aren't applied at reboot, and the CPU speed is off unless I move the slider.

I gave up on it cuz Im having the same problem. So I took off setcpu and now using the built in. so far so good....dancedroid

Kid A

Reaction score
I disabled the built-in CPU control, as when I went to create profiles through SetCPU it was giving me very strange amounts (something to the effect of 16 MHz max and min on the slider, without any option to increase or lower them. When I enabled "Set on Boot" it told me that such amounts were dangerous to use. Very strange indeed).

After disabling the built-in control, SetCPU went back to its old self. Almost. I downloaded the 800/250 SV kernel, and although the slider was set to a minimum of 250, it would only go as low as 550.

Something clearly isn't right with SetCPU, and rather than take chances for the time being I'm uninstalling and using the built-in control.

captdroid

Reaction score
I disabled the built-in CPU control, as when I went to create profiles through SetCPU it was giving me very strange amounts (something to the effect of 16 MHz max and min on the slider, without any option to increase or lower them. When I enabled "Set on Boot" it told me that such amounts were dangerous to use. Very strange indeed).

After disabling the built-in control, SetCPU went back to its old self. Almost. I downloaded the 800/250 SV kernel, and although the slider was set to a minimum of 250, it would only go as low as 550.

Something clearly isn't right with SetCPU, and rather than take chances for the time being I'm uninstalling and using the built-in control.

When the DROID is plugged in to power it is normal for the clock speed to show no lower then 550.

ckamc

Reaction score
i had to remove setcpu, even with the built in turned off the phone would over heat extremely easy, I hope setcpu or something gets done as I would get the longest amount of battery life with it than what i have gotten so far today with the built in.

nothing against you cvpcs... but im just not getting the same as this same layout with regular frg01b

captdroid

Reaction score
i had to remove setcpu, even with the built in turned off the phone would over heat extremely easy, I hope setcpu or something gets done as I would get the longest amount of battery life with it than what i have gotten so far today with the built in.

nothing against you cvpcs... but im just not getting the same as this same layout with regular frg01b

I run setCPU latest version 2.0.2 with Sapphire 1.0 (built in overclock option turned off) and it works just fine runs nice and cool.

Last edited:

ckamc

Reaction score
well I am going to compare the built in again tomorrow and run again with setcpu saturday and see what juice plotter shows

roll3r

Reaction score
When the DROID is plugged in to power it is normal for the clock speed to show no lower then 550.

Since when? I've been running SetCPU since the Droid was rooted (prior to custom kernels). I've tested it thoroughly, in every situation I can think of, and have *never* seen what you describe as normal behavior.

captdroid

Reaction score

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Well I have done my test for day. I've been using the built in Setcpu and so far my phone is at 40% after 14 hours of usage. I am using the default kernel at 1 ghz. dancedroid

Bateluer

Reaction score
Well I have done my test for day. I've been using the built in Setcpu and so far my phone is at 40% after 14 hours of usage. I am using the default kernel at 1 ghz. dancedroid

How would you describe your use of the phone with those numbers? When I was using CM6 RC2, I'd easily hit 24hrs with 'normal' usage for me before the battery dropped that low. Normal, in my case, means, checking email, 25-50 text messages, some light web browsing, and random fooling with GEM/CM settings.

I really like Sapphire, but I'm having issues with the battery life being way below CM6. The 'stock' kernels cause my phone to heat up rapidly, so I've been avoiding those. I'm using Chevyno1's ulow 1Ghz kernel.

I'm in the process of doing a full wipe, but first I uninstalled Launcher Pro and SetCPU so that Android doesn't reDL it after activation. I'll install it manually after the rest of the apps are done.

On a side note, I hope a future version of SetCPU allows us to export the Profiles to an xml or txt file for quick export/import.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score

How would you describe your use of the phone with those numbers? When I was using CM6 RC2, I'd easily hit 24hrs with 'normal' usage for me before the battery dropped that low. Normal, in my case, means, checking email, 25-50 text messages, some light web browsing, and random fooling with GEM/CM settings.

I really like Sapphire, but I'm having issues with the battery life being way below CM6. The 'stock' kernels cause my phone to heat up rapidly, so I've been avoiding those. I'm using Chevyno1's ulow 1Ghz kernel.

I'm in the process of doing a full wipe, but first I uninstalled Launcher Pro and SetCPU so that Android doesn't reDL it after activation. I'll install it manually after the rest of the apps are done.

On a side note, I hope a future version of SetCPU allows us to export the Profiles to an xml or txt file for quick export/import.

Well my normal usage involved text messaging. I text like 100 a day since I use it to communicate with my workers. I also use it for email and some internet browsing through wifi too. My the usage hours i am talking about is from 9am to 12am midnight. So i had 40% at midnight the time I went to bed. So when I woke up at 6am it was still at 40% and 10 am it was 10% so i had to charge it. You mentioned 24 hours of normal usage, I doubt you were up 24 hours using the phone. :icon_eek: