Built-In Apps not showing?

schmaltzy

Reaction score
I headed to UD Extras on my phone to install the wireless tethering. It doesn't show up under my apps so when I click to install it under the UD Extras, the "working" window only shows up for a quick second then goes away. I then go to my apps and there is nothing there. I don't think it's installing. How do I get it to show up?

WishRyder

Reaction score
My wired tether installed fine that way (already had wifi installed though titanium). It should take a bit more than a "quick second", so it sounds like something is failing.

Did you try a "fix permission" and a reboot? Not sure what else it could be really.

OP
S

schmaltzy

Reaction score
My wired tether installed fine that way (already had wifi installed though titanium). It should take a bit more than a "quick second", so it sounds like something is failing.

Did you try a "fix permission" and a reboot? Not sure what else it could be really.

Tried that....nothing.

OP
S

schmaltzy

Reaction score
OK, so I backed everything up and wiped everything! Reinstalled a fresh version of UD 2.5 that was freshly download from the UD forums. At this point I'm just trying to get the New Market to install. So i head the the UD Extras and select "Install New Market Update." It does it's thing for a minute and then I head to the market. It's still the same origional market, not the updated one.

SO, now I'm lost. I have reflashed a fresh copy of UD 2.5. I know I can install the market manually from an apk, but it's kind of the point cause I'd like to get the tethering apps as well.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

WishRyder

Reaction score
Reinstalled a fresh version of UD 2.5....At this point I'm just trying to get the New Market to install. So i head the the UD Extras and select "Install New Market Update."

Did you try installing the tethering app though? There is a known issue with the new market not installing through the UD Settings, so you have to install that one with the apk.

OP
S

schmaltzy

Reaction score
Reinstalled a fresh version of UD 2.5....At this point I'm just trying to get the New Market to install. So i head the the UD Extras and select "Install New Market Update."

Did you try installing the tethering app though? There is a known issue with the new market not installing through the UD Settings, so you have to install that one with the apk.

Third times a charm. I installed UD 2.5, reboot, kernel, reboot, then it let me install the wireless tethering, then my theme. Not sure what it was, but I'm going to say it might have just been something crazy with my phone.