Build Sapphire From Source

montyboy

Reaction score
I was cruising around the cvpcs wiki and didn't see docs on compiling from source. Are there any documents or posts that would cover this? I'd love to jump in and get familiar with the Sapphire build process and start contributing and testing.

crdnilfan

Reaction score
don't feel bad at all montyboy, I was wondering the exact same thing and this thread helped! (with thanks to pdroid also of course) :)

crdnilfan

Reaction score
Sorry for double post, and I'm probably missing something here, but after following the tutorial I failed to see anything "Sapphire" specific in there.

I feel like I'm just building Froyo from source, without the Sapphire modifications.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry for double post, and I'm probably missing something here, but after following the tutorial I failed to see anything "Sapphire" specific in there.

I feel like I'm just building Froyo from source, without the Sapphire modifications.

You've got to download source from cvpcs' github.

crdnilfan

Reaction score
You've got to download source from cvpcs' github.

Alright that makes sense. I'm extremely new to this (literally started about 3 hours ago, my very first FRG01B Prop - AOSP ROM is compiling now).

I feel like I should do something similar to this:
Code:
cd ~/android/system/device
git clone http://github.com/cvpcs/[Something Here]
He has a lot of repos I have no idea which to sync, and how to do that specifically. I also don't know if ~/android/system/device is the correct dir.

I'll probably be asking more questions, so if you're busy you can wait to reply, don't feel obligated.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
You should probably drop by the irc when it comes to this. Quicker responses from more people :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk