Build.prop Needs update due to 2.2.1 OTA Patch

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by dboss007, Dec 11, 2010.

1. dboss007

dboss007 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys - I'm having an issue where if I reboot my device it takes forever for it to come back up because I believe its trying to download the new 2.2.1 update from Verizon. I remember this happening while I was running SS4.8 and an OTA patch came out and at that time I needed to update the Build.prop file in order to make the network think I had the most current version. I found the thread below in the Bugless forums, but I'm guessing it should work with Chevy's ROM...

Thread

Code:
    Bugless
    ro.build.version.incremental=50454
    ro.build.version.release=2.2
    ro.build.description=voles-user 2.2 FRG22D 50454 release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2/FRG22D/50454:user/release-keys

To:
    ro.build.version.incremental=75603
    ro.build.version.release=2.2.1
    ro.build.description=voles-user 2.2.1 FRG83D 75603 release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2.1/FRG83D/75603:user/release-keys
    Anyways, based on looking at Chevy's build.prop file, it looks like all I have to change is the ro.build.fingerprint line as I have it below since Chevy already had all the 2.2.1 built into his SS4.9?

Code:
    Chevy's SS4.9
    ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2/FRG22D/50454:user/release-keys
    To:
    ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2.1/FRG83D/75603:user/release-keys

Just wanted to confirm if anyone else was seeing this issue.

Thanks!

2. OSX2000

OSX2000 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yep, those changes look exactly right. I just did that to my Droid too, as UD is still using an FRG22D fingerprint.

I haven't seen any system update nags yet, so this is preventative maintenance for me. :D

3. FastKatt

FastKatt Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Maybe we'll get a ROM update from ChevyNo1 and it will be a moot point?

4. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    An idea for Chevy is to maybe fully remove being able to receive updates like CM does. There isnt even a section for it.

5. biiishplz

biiishplz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure if it's just me, but mine wouldn't stop trying to download the update until I changed both ro.build.version.incremental and ro.build.fingerprint to the above values. I tried just ro.build.fingerprint, rebooted twice, wiped cache, and it still tried downloading. I changed ro.build.version.incremental and it worked fine.

Edit, because I forgot to include this and didn't want to add another post for it:
    I seem to recall this being the case in earlier SS versions, like 3.3 and such. I could be wrong though.

#5 biiishplz, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
Search tags for this page

droid inc 2 4.0 ro.build fingerprint