Buh-bye to my master (aka "global") volume control via rocker button.....

TABA5CO

Reaction score
My otherwise unmolested Droid RAZR MAXX HD XT926, was recently updated to Kitcrap.....er, I mean Kitkat. Now, it's just a phone that I used to love.....

I only recently found out the hard way that the ringer and notification volumes are no longer linked while using the rocker button. During a meeting at work, I apparently only silenced the ringer, made obvious by a screaming "DRRROOOOOOOIIIIIID!!!!" from an incoming text message, I thought "Awesome.....now I'm 'that guy'...FML" :cus:

As many of you with other devices probably figured out long ago, unless set to "No vibrate, sounds Off", the notification volume now remains independent of ringer volume, and the physical volume rocker is no longer a global volume control.

I hate that. Any suggestions for an app that will allow the side rocker to control all volumes, evenly across their ranges, just as JB used to control? Not just "preset volume levels, or volume off"?

After 2 hours of trials and epic failures from installing app after app, and another 2 hours spent Googling, I still couldn't locate squat.....