Bugs

zer0ed77

Reaction score
Has anyone had an issue getting the Gingerbread keyboard to activate? I check it, but the keyboard never changes from ASOP. Any help? I prefer Gingerbread.

turdbogls

Reaction score
so i tried installing wycontacts, it said it was installed, so i rebooted, and it was not on the phone. i had NO contacts/dialer at all. so i tried installing the AOSP contacts, and same results. it was a cool ROM, but i am just too happy with GJ2.5 to switch to anything else....especially since i dont usually use the extras.

E Mad

Reaction score
So yeah the pulldown text is definitely not working for me. It seems that no matter what I do, when I hit save then go back in there, it'll enter in an extra space, which is considered a character, which brings the total amount of characters to 17 and not 16, therefore results back to Verizon Wireless.

You need the extra space after it. I found that out with trial and error- I had the same problem as you. So I made mine "LiberatedBEAST" (shows my love for liberty and calls my phone a beast) and put an extra space in after it ("LiberatedBEAST "). I don't think this is a bug, just something that has to be this way... But it might be a bug...

So anyways, use something 15 or less characters and make sure you put the extra space at the end in!

Hope this helps!

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
##PROGRAM does not work.
Just dials the number.
No access to the programming menu to change EVRC settings.

Yea I know about this one and am not sure why it doesn't work? The APK's are there, I will have to look into this when I get more time.

It's been low on the priority list cause no one seems to use it much but I want to get it fixed and have been thinking about it.

Its just ringtones and exchange are a little higher up ATM.

mudvayne622

Reaction score
Blur Alarm Clock is not playing nice. I was able to add it just fine, but it dissapears from the notification bar, and shows that I no longer have an alarm set on the lockscreen. Then when I click on the App in the App Drawer, it still shows the alarm scheduled but the indicator in the notification bar and lockscreen is missing.

I was having the same issue. I went into the Toolbox under app management and remove apps, then deleted "Clock" and it seems to have fixed the problem. Im guessing some sort of conflict.

Also twice now when I reboot a random app will be missing. For instance i have Rope Cut on my homescreen and after a reboot the icon was some a Generic green Android and when i tried opening it it said app not installed even though i was playing it an hour ago. Restored it from Titanium and all was well. Just kinda strange.

Changing the Font size in Spare Parts also doesnt work once you press Back or Home.

Last edited:

mcapozzi

Reaction score
I don't know if this is a Droid X bug or a Liberty bug. When I'm in my car, I use a BlueAnt Buletooth Speakerphone setup for phone audio only and I have my 3.5mm jack plugged into my car for media audio (Pandora).

Once everything is connected, Pandora will always go out through the Bluetooth instead of the 3.5mm. I then have to go into Bluetooth settings, enable media audio on the BlueAnt, then disable media audio on the BlueAnt.

Then if I receive a call, Pandora pauses, I have the conversation, I end the call, then Pandora resumes playing through the Bluetooth instead of the 3.5mm jack like it was before.

This is very frustrating, any help with this would be great, thanks.

-Mike

PS - This is a Liberty/AOSP ROM bug, the sound is routed properly in ApeX.

Last edited:

oo3

Reaction score
So yeah the pulldown text is definitely not working for me. It seems that no matter what I do, when I hit save then go back in there, it'll enter in an extra space, which is considered a character, which brings the total amount of characters to 17 and not 16, therefore results back to Verizon Wireless.

You need the extra space after it. I found that out with trial and error- I had the same problem as you. So I made mine "LiberatedBEAST" (shows my love for liberty and calls my phone a beast) and put an extra space in after it ("LiberatedBEAST "). I don't think this is a bug, just something that has to be this way... But it might be a bug...

So anyways, use something 15 or less characters and make sure you put the extra space at the end in!

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the tip. I think I figured it out. For some reason when you enter a | character then it doesn't work.

Growler48

Reaction score
Has anyone else lost their ability to group contacts? All of my groups are gone. Is this a Blur function? I've tried Wy Contacts and AOSP Contacts.
I found an app on the market, aContacts, that I am using for grouping, but would like to be using the stock Contacts program.

mudvayne622

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that coming out of any of the docked modes it is extremely slow to load back into portrait? Also anyone know if the apk for the Stock desk dock can be installed on Liberty?

Sweettreat

Reaction score
Using Liberty tool box I successfully installed the droid font (i think that was the one), but now when I try to change the font to something else it doesn't work. I get a message stating that the font was successfully changed and you need to reboot for changes to take effect but it never actually works. Anyone?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

joezek

Reaction score
I have a weird problem. Currently using Liberty with the Frost theme. I use Handcent SMS and when I receive a text message I have two notifications instead of one. The first one is instant like it should be, then about 10 seconds later I get another one of a completely different sound, and that second one will include the icon on the top of the screen indicating a message waiting in Handcent.

WacKo

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues playing videos I'm getting an error after flashing to this rom. Did I complete wipe