[BUGS] ZombieStomped 1.7

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
when you go to the media slider in the sound settings and move it, it does not make any sounds. also when I play music i can get any music to play. I think media in general is the problem. It's something to do with all playback of audio. Like it's not sending it to the speaker. Because the phone thinks it's playing fine and it gives no errors.

And then, if you reboot the sound comes back. So it seems something is actually causing it

Music plays fine for me via the standard Music app...all audio is fine (videos, music, Netflix, etc.) unless and until I go into the Blur Gallery and select a video. That appears to be where it gets broken (until you reboot).

What media slider are you referring to? In what Settings menu...? Thanks.

drom

Reaction score
Soft key backlight turns off after about 20 seconds. I have to turn the screen off and on to get them to light. All or most builds have had the same problem.

Right now they won't light up at all. I'm going to have to reboot.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Vibrate doesn't work.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Vibrate works fine for me...clarify what you mean? What type of vibrate are you not getting. Have you checked Sound settings to confirm that you have enabled Vibrate.

If you're referring to vibrate feedback on the haptic keys, that is working fine for me as well...that can be disabled in Sound settings (Haptic Feedback).

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Didn't see anything official and this should help @Jboxen sort things out a little better. From reading so far and from personal use the following are some bugs that have come up:

* Camera and Camcorder issues
* Audio issues with playing media files
* Picture Controls disappearing and no way to get back to them
* Camera Click on boot (believe to be Gtalk starting up and may not be a bug)
* Sync Icon Issues
* Ongoing Notification section acting differntly (EG. Widgesoid not working)

Please continually post bugs here and we can help out this awesome dev and ROM! :)

Re above...to blow out the details a little.

Camera/Camcorder working fine for me, others posted similarly. W/out a consistent pattern of it not working for most (which we don't have) it seems most likely there have been some intermittent install/copy/permission errors of some type. Since someone posted here that copying the blur camera apk from the 1.7 zip to his phone fixed his issues, install blips seems the likely culprit.

Audio issues are confirmed - select a video in the Blur gallery and you will lose audio (except for phone) until you reboot.

Picture controls (video as well) loss are confirmed as noted.

Camera click may or may not be a bug...does seem a little odd for it to do that, but also seems harmless either way.

Haven't seen any sync icon issues...people have been reporting sync icon issues since I first starting installing ROMs on my OG Droid...seems most of them are intermittent and not ROM-related.

Re Widgesold - is it confirmed that it fully supports Gingerbread? Is it running fine on other GB ROMs or previous versions of ZS?

Jelleephish

Reaction score
I had similar issues trying to download the second "data" zip using the link above to my phone. I finally had to download to my computer and move it over because it would not go past 21kb on my phone...

Jelleephish

Reaction score
Let me also add that

Google Voice sometimes force closes on me when my phone boots up - not sure why as I have reinstalled and it still continues even after data wipes

My camera and camcorder both work fine, my gallery is fine and so far my audio is too. Now, with that said, I do have one other issue with the speaker, phone volume, speaker phone volume....after restart it clears up but intermittently comes back from time to time without warning.

duyna

Reaction score
The touch screen has a mind of its own right now I dont even know what its going to do next, I really dont want to sbf if I dont need to

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
The touch screen has a mind of its own right now I dont even know what its going to do next, I really dont want to sbf if I dont need to

If it's still doing it, you can try, in order before considering SBF:

- Reboot the phone
- Boot into CW Recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache
- Boot into CW and wipe data/factory reset

I've seen issues in some cases where the touchscreen can behave badly when plugged in, seems to be related to a charger that is slightly off spec. So if this is happening when plugged in, try another charger, and unplug.

mgault

Reaction score
I worked on downloading this all day yesterday and never could get it to stop boot looping. I must have sbf whipped and reloaded 50 times reading others advice I have no clue what is going on.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I worked on downloading this all day yesterday and never could get it to stop boot looping. I must have sbf whipped and reloaded 50 times reading others advice I have no clue what is going on.

Some phones are more finicky than others, but that usually relates more to overclocking than to ROMs in general (though there are performance tweaks in this ROM).

If you want to keep trying, you might want to try putting another SD card in your phone, or back up files, format your SD card, and copy them back and see if that helps - I had severe reboot/boot looping issues with Froyo on my OG Droid that were only resolved by formatting my SD card.

bofis

Reaction score
Re Widgesold - is it confirmed that it fully supports Gingerbread? Is it running fine on other GB ROMs or previous versions of ZS?

Okay, I Googled around and have found multiple threads dealing with this. Apparently it is a change Google made in Gingerbread making the option to have multiple buttons in the "ongoing" section no longer an app-permission and must be set in the ROM, the way CM Mod does it. I've seen HTC Sense-like ROMs that also integrate power control into the notification blind, so maybe the answer is figuring out how to just build this into the ROM at some point and dealing with the pop-up for now, even if it sux compared to how Wigetsoid worked under Froyo :-\

This developer ported the CM code over for use on Sense-based ROMs, and talks about it here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=9885714

Last edited:

plutonium0587

Reaction score
Has anybody tried out the new gtalk video features? I tried to video chat with my PC and I can see my PC video on my phone, but not vice versa. The little preview box on the phone is showing what my camera shows. Other problem is that the video that is in the preview box seems to be sideways no matter how I move the phone.

RiverRunsByIt

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with Visual Voice Mail? I can run it, but when I have a message, it cannot download it.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has anybody tried out the new gtalk video features? I tried to video chat with my PC and I can see my PC video on my phone, but not vice versa. The little preview box on the phone is showing what my camera shows. Other problem is that the video that is in the preview box seems to be sideways no matter how I move the phone.

Won't it expect two cameras on the phone, and we only have one? Seems odd to video chat w/one camera... :)

inssane

Reaction score
Physical keyboard not launching search when keyboard is slid open and a query is typed.