Bugs! Bugs everywhere!

moogle

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just got a Bionic on Sunday and rooted it. Installed BLURR3D but it was sucking my battery so now I've essentially got a debloated stock I downloaded from elsewhere, which I installed Monday night. Last night, the phone started majorly freaking out.

Problems include:
- Whenever I type on the keyboard, the b and h keys don't respond, and instead I am often forced to type the letter next to it. I'm able to get the correct word via autocorrect usually, but it still majorly sucks. The same is true if I go to symbols - it won't let me type the ones on the same key as b or h.
- There was about a 20 minute window today when I couldn't get into my phone because when I tried to swipe the pattern, it acted as if something was pressing on a point on the bottom and the top of the screen at the same time, making the line go all over the place.
- application windows zoom and unzoom randomly, particularly Words With Friends and Browser.
- phone randomly acts as if I'm pulling down the top bar. On the home screen, it will start to come down, then stop partway there and jiggle for a bit, not letting me do anything. When I'm trying to text someone, it opens up their contact info and does other things that otherwise would have been done only if i touched the top.

So because of all of this, I wanted to go back to stock ROM to see if that fixes things, and if not I could take it back to verizon store like that. Here's the big problem though: When I rooted my phone originally, I didn't make a backup of the unrooted stock ROM. I'm still fuming at the guy who made the directions I followed, because I watched the video version of his 'how to root your bionic' thing and he only mentioned backing up in the text version, which he insinuated was identical to the video. ; 3; Anyhoo, can I just download stock ROM and everything will work out (like this How to Flash Droid Bionic Back Stock | Android Advice & Tutorials )? Is there something else I need to or should do ? I'm super new at this, so if you know how to help me I'd really appreciate if you could explain it really carefully. thank you!

tl;dr: phone running what is supposedly a debloated stock and is majorly bugging. I had a fail and didn't make a backup of the original unrooted ROM. how do fix?

rwking

Reaction score
If you want a sure fire way to go back to stock, you can flash a stock ROM if you can find one, or just flash the FXZ here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=173870

I'd do the second option and skip the root portion. It gives you the option - just type "n" at the prompt. Good luck! Sorry you're having trouble!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums