Bugless v0.4 problems pleeaasee help!!!

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by EddieG6, Jul 10, 2010.

1. EddieG6

EddieG6 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    :motdroidhoriz:
    Hi, im running bugless v0.4 on my motorola droid. The kernel version i have is 2.6.32.9-g103d848 android-build@APA26 #1 (IDK exactly what that is)
    i have android version 2.2, baseband version C_01.3E.03P.
    the ROM is overclocked to 800mhz. and i also have set cpu but have not updated it because i got the .apk file from *********** so the market requests that i buy the app.

ok, now for the problems. At first everything seemed great, battery was lasting longer, i loved the features and all. The default launcher could of been better. i previously used launcher pro and loved it but had to uninstall due to the force close issue.
    After one day of using it, all the phone calls i got were SILENT. no matter how much i tried, the calls would NOT ring. i even tried it earlier and No sound is heard when i recieve a phone call.
    Also, my home button is not working properly. when i press the home key, it has like flashbacks from the lock screen and the screen flashes and it will not work. i have to press the back key all the way until i reach the home screens. and it does this MOST of the time.
    also the search key does not work.
    and when someone calls, the slide keys on the screen to answer calls are BACKWARDS.

now for the BIGGEST problem..
    when i tried to remove this ROM, it would not let me.
    i use rom manager and downloaded the latest ultimate droid, but i would not let me install it. not even the smoked glass theme or a coustom kernel. .. i tried like 6 times, and when the download is comeplete i tried whiping data and cache, backing up the rom, not doing anything, but nothing worked. the phone just rebooted normally and the installation does not continue.
    i am infuriated..:icon_evil:
    can someone please help? or tell me what is going on??

2. bomber889

bomber889 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe set your ringtone to something different than silent?
    Also, I have never heard of that problem with the homebutton, or any of your
    other problems.
    If you want to switch ROMS, try reflashing clockwork or flash sprecovery and then
    flash clockwork again. That should fix the problem.

3. kepley

kepley Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had this problem too. Flashing to an earlier version of Clockwork did the trick for me! :) Best of luck.

#3 kepley, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  4. EddieG6

EddieG6 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great! that worked! :D thank you so much.
    I just installed Bugless Beast again, so im hoping this time it will work good. Im just Waiting on Titanium Backup to restore my apps.

5. EddieG6

EddieG6 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok great =/ it seems bugless beast has a problem. my phone calls just do not sound.
    soo i switched roms to the newst chevy#1 and now.. it keeps booting up and it stops in between and boots again..over and over.. im scared i bricked it.
    i cant get out of there.. i take out the battery and start again.. and same thign happens

6. kepley

kepley Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it's safe to say that you did not brick it. Can you boot into recovery?

7. eddieonofre

eddieonofre Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try installing anew rom, but wipe data And cache

8. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I bet you didn't wipe everything, you should read more often...

It's recommended to wipe everything; that's boot, system, data and cache. Hell, myself and many others recommend wiping each 3 times just to make sure.