Bugless v.4 vs Cyanogen 6 vs Sapphire 1.0

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by McClure, Aug 30, 2010.

1. McClure

McClure New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, so I'm getting fidgety and looking to try a new ROM while v.5 is finished, and the two I'm currently eyeballing are Sapphire and Cyanogen. Now the obvious answer to this question is to "try both", but I was just wondering from those of whom have tried one or both of these official releases which you'd had a better experience with and why.

2. DeeMat

DeeMat Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I am glad that you understand you need to try the others - your Droid might react different than mine. I was not a fan of BB.4 but was of Sapphire 1; the only reason I left Sapphire is the music rocker bug was bugging me a lot. From there I went to LithiumMod (very good), and then Chevy's (even better). I finally landed on CM6 (due to my ROM A.D.D.) and Im very happy with it so far.

3. Glueeater

Glueeater Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sapphire had some random bugs I didn't like. Like the music player one. CM6 went on my phone this morning and looks good thusfar. CM6 has a lot more features upfront that I can notice. Scriptybox is missing (which I liked, someone correct me if I'm wrong). The speed is pretty comparable…I was running 125-1ghz on Sapphire (using sapphire kernels) and I'm running Slayher's 1ghz kernel now.

4. BuglessFan

BuglessFan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LFY. Never tried Cyanogen yet, but stopped trying new ones once I got addicted to Liquid.

5. skatingrocker17

Ratings:
    +0
    I really like CM6 but I wish it had more themes.

6. droiddadi

droiddadi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    CM6 hands down is the best ROM. Tried all of the roms you mentioned.

CM6 has far more features than any rom and it is source build with stock feel and CM customizations on top that.

7. mackncheesiest

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree that CM6 has a nice amount of features like having the notification bar settings etc all wrapped up into a "cyanogenmod settings" and things like that, but ultimately, for me, I am staying with LFY 1.5 for now. It is the smoothest running ROM I have ever used, and it really has everything I ask for. The slayher kernel combined with the ROM just gives me an awesome experience that lacks both lag and homescreen redraws. I tried CM6 for a bit after it came out, ran it through its paces to see if it could work well with me, and LFY just ended up working better. But, that's just my 2 cents :)

8. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I slapped Sapphire on a few days ago and think it's a very solid fairly bug free ROM. They do need to iron out the lockscreen music control bug but I don't ever use that feature so it's a non issue for me. I might give Liquid a try here in a few days but if Sapphire continues being this snappy and solid I might just stay here a while.

9. doctordoctor

doctordoctor Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Ran CM6 but it ran like CRAP! on my phone so I tried out liquid just on a fluke whim and it is like my droid was baptized!!! It is a whole new droid!!! I will never leave Liquid! It is by far the best for me and my phone! though I really really miss 928droid themes!!! and the customization I had on CM6...
    if 928droid is reading please them liquid...they need you...I need you...

10. king_43

king_43 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just put liquid on my Phone on a whim also and wow
    Was loving bb0.4 until I made the move. To this.. loving this until.bb0.5 comes out

11. bmb0205

bmb0205 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Tried CM6 RC3 and liked it, then tried UD 7.0 and WOW best rom I've ever used.

Still love Pete and Bugless though

12. doctordoctor

doctordoctor Member

Ratings:
    +2
    curious what you think of liquid compared to UD7???