1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Bugless freezes on Milestone A854

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Droid_AK, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Droid_AK

Droid_AK New Member

I have flashed my phone with multiple versions of bugless beast using clockworkmod and everytime I have freezing issues. The phone will work for about 30 seconds to a minute before it completely freezes. It will stay frozen for at least 10 minutes (the longest I waited).

Does anyone have this working on a Milestone A854 and if so, is there another way I should be flashing it (nandroid restore)?

Thank you in advance for your help.

P.S. I did search through the forums a bit, but many posts were difficult to sort through because the titles were not descriptive.
  2. hett

hett New Member

Er, I don't think this ROM is even supposed to be flashed on Milestones; It is designed to be run on a Droid on the Verizon network. There are differences between the two phones.
  3. Droid_AK

Droid_AK New Member

I've read a lot in forums that DROID ROMS will work on a US milestone (no verison in Alaska). I did get it to work finally, so maybe I jumped the gun in posting this. I used Clockworkmod and did it from the GUI not the recovery screen, and chose wipe cache and data (which I had tried in some of my previous attempts). The difference this time is that I went to Peter Alfonso's website and used the Odexed version. So far everything is working beautifully.

Hopefully anyone else who is stuck on the almost fully unsupported A854 will find this helpful.
  4. deputc26

deputc26 New Member

Glad that worked for you though I'm rather surprised, is that phone CDMA?
  5. Droid_AK

Droid_AK New Member

It is CDMA. It is basically identical to the droid 1. They just rebranded it as a milestone because of copywrite issues, but since it is still in the US not much else changed. It does have a different bootstrap, so you can't install the updates directly.

I'm not sure why Moto won't release further upgrades for it, but it sounds like they have mostly abandoned the droid 1 and want to sell people their newest product.
  6. cnoocher

cnoocher New Member

Which Odexed version did you use? Im about to do the same to my Alltel A854.
  7. keets

keets New Member

I've been running BB .061 on my milestone 854A from Bluegrass for weeks now. No issues. Installed via Rom Manager and Clockwork Mod.
  8. icemanak

icemanak New Member

Droids In AK

Hey Droid,
    Im in Alaska using a A854 on GCI. So far Ive gotten conflicting reports on what the a854 really is,rebranded droid im told.Whatever...It runs every Rom ive thrown at it...Cyanogen, bugless, LFY,and few others..UD..the only issue I've seen is the verizon APN's.How did you fix the APN? That phone will run droid stuff...now i tried a milestone rom...cyanogen and nope it fails.I cheated once I got root and went the easy way..using Rom Manager to flash roms. Hit me up if you need any help...most a854 info is scattered all over the net..hard to find.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  9. nornevrder

nornevrder New Member

854a here from Alaska (academy). Just flashed Bb and will be bouncing back and forth to customize it to my liking. I have not had a problem yet flashing Droid roms

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App
  10. icemanak

icemanak New Member

Apn

good deal...just remember to change your APN...I had lots of problems getting a GCI APN to save..Goodluck! I'd be interested in how you get it to stick.
  11. nornevrder

nornevrder New Member

To be honest with you I have no idea what a apn is, does or anything to do with it

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App
  12. Droid_AK

Droid_AK New Member

I used the FRG22D Odexed version. I'm not clear on what the difference is to be honest. I just know that with every deodexed version I tried, I had freezing issues. Installing the Odexed version using Clockworkmod worked beautifully. I did the APN backup prior to flashing and have hand no issues with WiFi or SMS.

I can only speak for the A854, I'm under the impression that the European version might be a little different, but I'm not sure.
Search tags for this page

mb867 sbf

milestone x2 freeze

motorola milestone 3 screen freezes

motorola milestone x2 freezes

motorola milestone x2 kindle ap freezing

motorola milestone x2 mb867 issues and fixes

motorolla milestone a854 alaska gci

stock rom for mb867