Bugless beast with froyo missing things?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by catsartcox, Jun 9, 2010.

1. catsartcox

catsartcox New Member

I have Pete's Latest one installed, and it look great. But it seems to be short of two things that i thought were in 2.2.
    1. The tethering options in the settings only shows usb. From what i've seen on videos and review. It also should show A mobile hotspot setting.
    2. Flash? Flash? I am sure it is in 2.2

No is it really in there and i just messed up installing something.......

Comments?
  2. bitter

bitter New Member

Flash is there. You need to actually install the flash .apk. Look in the pinned thread.
  3. Hogmeister

Hogmeister New Member

too good to read thru the release thread? :)

needless to say, i shall still try to put my thoughts in for ya.

1) i was wondering that too, but none of the froyo leaks to date have that option.. which makes me think verizon doesnt intend to support it the way t-mobile does.. but there is a wifi tether app in the market, do some searching i dont know the name

2) its in there, just not installed properly.. get root explorer, and go to /system/app/ and someone had made note that you can just open it up from there and install it again, but i found i just deleted that one, and installed a different flash 10.1 apk file and it works now.

think its just a matter of an oversight on petes part about the flash thing.

best of luck
  4. catsartcox

catsartcox New Member

Ah....ok
    But do you see the hotspot thing. Or at least be able to tell me how to get the root one to work...I have the proper applications installed, That it uses...But it keeps on failing. Does not report a error, just tell me to try again.
  5. Hogmeister

Hogmeister New Member

hmm i have no idea, havent even tried it to be honest. i might tinker around w/ it over the weekend. hopefully someone else can help you out.

and no i dont see the wireless hotspot thing, like i said i have a feeling verizon wont be putting it on their roms for the droid like the one for the nexus one
  6. dwagner88

dwagner88 New Member

I was surprised that USB tethering is there. I haven't tested it yet, but wireless tether from the market works fine with P3droid's 1 ghz kernel.
  7. catsartcox

catsartcox New Member

link....I'll give that one a try..
  8. Ryzor

Ryzor New Member

I found an easy fix for Flash not working. Mine was not working after I initially installed the ROM.

With astro or a file manager go to:

• /system/app and copy the AdobeFlashPlayer file
    • paste the file in the /sdcard location
    Then open up ApkInstaller

• Select the AdobeFlashPlayer.apk file you just copied and reinstall it
    My Flash is working now after performing those steps.
  9. mjh68

mjh68 New Member

So far I have found that with any modified leak roms my wifi will work , but Market is extremely slow to download . If wifi off market seems to work just fine. Toggling Wifi off, sometimes my 3G won't turn back on and even airplane mode didn't fix had to reboot.
    Frustrating I have found this to happen with wiping x2 and even using format boot, system, data,cache, sd-ext partition with clockwork no matter whose rom or theme it seems to affect my wifi .

the stock leaked versions work just fine , just whenever I download a theme or even modified versions of the stock leaks. Fly, BB, and Nexfro all have the same issues.
  10. catsartcox

catsartcox New Member

No, Not Wifi itself. That is working fine for me. I am having problems with the Wifi hotpot for root users app.
  11. actngrezy

actngrezy New Member Developer

I have been on froyo since the first leak. switch to the newer one where chrome to phone and the flashligh apps work then this. All three have only had the usb tether option.
    If you plug your phone in and click tether you will see something pop up that says use yoru phones internet or mobile hotspot., I forget what the exact words were but it def says mobile hotspot. then a screen pops up on the computer to choose a network to set up or something. I didnt set anything up just wantedto make sure it worked so I'm pretty sure you can use it as a hotspot.
    If you want wireless tether you can download like barnacle from the market.
  12. millbean

millbean New Member

market is crawling real slow . suggestions??
  13. gaborger

gaborger New Member

I was excited to get back to NexTheme on Froyo 2.2, but after loading the ROM my wireless LAN can start, but never stops scanning and never connects. Will have to go back to another Froyo ROM. I will check back later when this is fixed.
  14. chewy74

chewy74 New Member

Fb sync not working. Won't show up when I add the account in settings