bugless beast wierd bootup issue

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Mozuna01, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Mozuna01

Mozuna01 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Everytime i start up the BB it has to like redo the droid eye like three times before i can get past the unlock screen. This is very ugly. Is there a way to get rid of this...also when i am just sitting at the unlock screen when the phone is booted fine, it goes to sleep after like 3 seconds automatically is this because of the minimum 125 setting?

2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What do you mean, redo the red eye? and no that wouldn't be because of the minimum 125 setcpu setting, now that you mentioned it though, mine seems to go to sleep very quickly at the lock screen...like a lot quicker than it used to

3. yungo845

yungo845 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    did you wipe data and cache in sprecovery? try flash the boot again just the boot uncheck data and system when in nandroid so itll only install the boot.img again should solve your problem

4. Mozuna01

Mozuna01 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    what i mean by the red eye thing is when the red droid eye animation thing is loading like it lags a little finishes goes to lock screen then immediatley resets and starts up the red eye animation loading 2 more times untill i could unlock and access my home. Btw does the unlock screen only stay on for like 5 seconds on the regular verizon rom and rooted only.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  5. Mozuna01

Mozuna01 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    no i didnt try, but i just reverted back to my root with sprecovery. Should i just reinstall the bb update.zip thats still in sd card? and i dont think i wiped the data and cache cuz wouldnt that rid me of my apps contacts and so forth.

6. authority11

authority11 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, don't reinstall the bb update.zip. You're just going to get the same boot screen problem. I had the same issue when I tried to just use the update.zip to flash the ROM.

You're going to have to flash the ROM by wiping all your data and cache and using a nandroid restore file instead of the update.zip. Make sure you backup your apps and any data files you would before you do this though.

7. Mozuna01

Mozuna01 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. I will refer to this if i ever reinstall. Im back on verizon rom cuz i thought i screwed something up. I only know how to install using update.zip but i think i have an idea on how to install using the nandroid. Btw the command promts that i had to type. Are those changes still in the phone despite being back to stock, clearing my cache, and deleting all the rooting and update folders and files involved from my sd card?

8. authority11

authority11 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure. I've never de-rooted my phone. As far as using a nandroid restore, it's really not much more difficult than doing an update.zip. You just have to go through some extra steps to wipe your data and cache and do a restore instead of doing an installation of an update.zip file. He lays out all the directions for both methods on his alldroid.org forum page.

9. droiduser5

droiduser5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I get the same problem with rebooting looping a couple times before it stops on BB. I'm running BB 0.8 with AdamZ's low voltage running at 900mhz. Whenever I unmount my SD card, shut down my phone, or reboot my phone, it will automatically go into a reboot cycle 2-3 times. Haven't found a solution yet. This particularly happens when my phone is connected via USB to my computer.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  10. AVELLIN

AVELLIN New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having the same problem. I rooted my phone yesterday, and last night as I installed BB .8 I began noticing this problem. I wiped everything beforehand, then restored my apps and noticed the problem when I disconnected it from my computer after putting the files on to install the smoked glass theme. I'm assuming it's either with BB itself, or possibly me restoring apps and such before installing the theme?

11. droiduser5

droiduser5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Figured it out and also corroborated it by finding a thread (that I can't find now, unfortunately). Anyway, it's the SD notification sound. If your SD notification noise is set to a custom noise, it will cause this problem. The solution is to either disable to SD notification noise, or change it to a stock tone. I personally had it set to a custom .mp3 file that I had, but I switched it back to the "Droid" tone, and now I get no problems.

Hope this helps.

12. AVELLIN

AVELLIN New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Confirming the stock tone as a fix. Seems like a bit of an odd issue, but it doesn't bother me really.