Bugless Beast vs. ALL

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by zerosouls, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    By the way guys, it's not really a big deal if it takes so long to upgrade to the next version of a custom ROM. CyanogenMod which is my prefered ROM takes QUITE some time to upgrade, WEEKS, MONTHS, dare I say half a YEAR!!!. But the upgrades keep me coming and I never complain.

I seen a lot of you guys hate on Pete for the last, I dunno, 2-3 months? Why such a desire to upgrade? What did you benefit now that you upgraded? Was it as special as you thought it was other than upgrading some firmware?

A lot of you moved on to other ROM's cause there's a lot of good developers out there like Pete. I would like to pose to you all this: What reason should a dedicated user [like me] of a crazy amount of ROM's use to decide to use Bugless Beast????

Please relate to me in detail or give me instructions to once and for all proclaim Bugless Beast the King of Kings.

PLEASE MAKE THIS THREAD FRIENDLY, I AND YOURSELF SHOULD NOT BE.... HATEFUL? Just be honest and descent..

2. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I've given up on bugless beast. Its just so much like stock, and I always have bugs in the most recent 0.5.. I loved Petes 2.1 roms, but I've been spoiled with Cyanogenmod 6.0 and Zenito Miui since then. I like my rom to be different than stock.

3. 1linuxfreak

1linuxfreak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1. Faster ROM , with less bugs.
    2. More fans than any other.
    When 928Droid finally releases a theme for BB version zero point five , it will be a prefect UI experience . My $0.2

4. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    Just stepping in to say, please keep this discussion friendly! Thanks! :D

5. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    odd reason.

6. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I like Blade Runner.

1. Faster Vangelis playing.
    2. More (ceiling) fans than any other.

7. leonozug

leonozug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You know, I think it's silly that people think one Rom is superior to another. It's like a "My Dad can beat up your Dad" argument. The answer to the best Rom is whatever one you like best and choose to run. It's not a contest to see who's #1, that's not what people should be yelling about at eachother on here. I don't care if somebody has a phone on Sprint or T-Mobile, as long as they are running Android I think it's cool. We are still part of the same community of Android users and it's awesome that we alll want to share info about it on here. The real people to be fronting on are apple users cause they all think they are better than us!! lol
    As far as Roms go personally for me, if something works really good, has great battery life and don't crash, it's great in my book. And there are a lot of them. 'Nuff said.

Let me add this though, I tried BB 0.5 and was not impressed. It didn't work well for me at all. I think it depends on a lot of factors when you flash the Rom. My contacts didn't install and I had BUGS. And I always wipe data and cache. It wasn't so bugless for me. It seems to work great for a lot of people on here though. Maybe something didn't install right obviously. LFY 1.6 has been AMAZING for me since the day it came out. That is my favorite Rom by far. I tried flashing Sapphire and ShadowRom many times in the past few weeks and every time it forced closed at the "welcome to droid" sign in. Last night I tried it again and it worked, so currently I'm trying Sapphire 1.1.1 with the SOMA theme. Pretty sweet. Now that's not to say I may come around again and give BB 0.5 another try. It's fun to experiment with different Roms for the hell of it now and then. I'm sure BB 0.5 will get some sweet different theme I've never had before and I'll HAVE to load it up!! lol

8. QuimbyDogg

QuimbyDogg New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been playing with a number of roms over the last few months while waiting on .5 BB and prior to that.

Simplystunning offered a decent feature selection but did not seem to run very stable on my phone so I only used this for a day or two. This was earlier in its development and it is probably about time for me to give it another shot.

CM performed fast but also had a lot of stability issues where I would get reboots and other things so I never really got into that.

UltimateDroid ran really well on my phone, and offered an awesome feature selection but I got pissed about how the dev stole a bunch of code and then never gave credit for it - no thanks I won't support that.

Shadow is on my list to try out along with a few other roms.

Sapphire ran pretty solid and also included a nice feature set. I think this is probably the rom I liked most next to BB and what I used most of the time between .4 and .5. I love how it is open, was easily the most stable source built rom I used, and had decent performance.

Once BB .5 came out I've been running this and never looking back. I did that hack to make the redraw times really fast, and I've enabled compcache. Between those two fixes my phone RARELY has to redraw and if it does it is pretty zippy.

BB .5 has also been rock solid like the other BB releases. I've been running this since it came out and haven't had a single random reboot yet.

From my findings, and everyone's milage will very as not all phones are the same, source built roms tend to be much less stable. Everyone says they want a rom built from source for all those extra features... but that comes at the price of stability/reliability - and in a phone those are some of the most important features you can have.

I'd much rather have rock solid stability and amazing performance than some useless feature I don't need. Example: reboot to recovery option on power button is nice to have. I loved running roms that had that. I would much rather manually just hold the X key when I turn on my phone however, if it would mean my phone would randomly turn off and restart less....

Some people are looking for feature packed roms to get the most out of their phones, obviously BB would not be for you if you fall into that category.

Some people want their phone to be extremely stable while still running much smoother than stock, those are the people that will like BB.

The great thing about the android rom community is there are so many options. If you aren't happy with BB, dont use it. Just keep trying roms until you find one you like. Everyone's phone will react to different roms differently, and everyone just has different taste about what they want in general. I'm sure there is a percentage of the community that doesn't mind the occasional phone reboot, I just can't stand it.

9. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +2

Seriously, two points.
    1) What does having more "fans" have to do with anything?
    2) Don't you think CM has more "fans" than BB?

Justin Bieber has more "fans" than Prince, but Prince is still a better musician..

I actually think all of the custom roms run very close to each other in usable speed, saying one is "faster" is just hyperbole. Also, saying "with less bugs" is totally off base, I had far more bugs with 0.5 than with 0.4 or 1.1 and far more bugfixes to download off of rommanager than with any other rom...

With that being said, I do think Pete does a great job for being basically a one man show. I would recommend Pete's rom to an android newb or to anyone who wanted a totally stock look.

10. 1linuxfreak

1linuxfreak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You people crack me up.
    Like it or not more people use Bugless Beast than any other ROM . More fans.
    Like it our not Bugless Beast is very stable and fast .
    Feature rich maybe not.
    I tried CM , made my phone slow and clunky
    , no thanks I'll pass.
    Kind of like when someone ask me why don't you ride a Harley instead of your Yamaha ?
    1. Its faster
    2. More reliable
    As anyone knows that is enough said, two points is all that is needed. I'm not a fan follower if I was I would be riding a Harley , but BB does have more satisfied user than any other ROM like it or not .
    Flame me all you want, but only one of the two points matter to me , speed and stability, the other I threw in because of the iPhone syndrome , those who want to follow everyone else. ;-)
    Flame suit on!

11. Cornholieo

Cornholieo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As with all things... "to each their own"

I used to switch back an fourth between BB, UD and JRummy's ROMs (Forget the name). Sometimes I would switch weekly depending on the direction of the wind and liked both very much. Since I tried Sapphire I have not switched even once (Don't remember which release only that it was a few months before 1.0) I have not gone back. For me it just works and feels natural. Best advice I can give is to try them all and see what works for you. Just because one ROM has more fans than another does not mean that it is the best for you. Don't be loyal, but try future ROMs that interest you.

Eventually we will all dump our Droids for the latest thing out there (Verizon will let me get a new phone this summer, or I can wait till next November to switch carriers and get a new phone).

12. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    how are people determining that bb has more "fans" or more "satisfied users" than any other ROM? just curious?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

droid custom rom proclaim