Bugless Beast versus the New iPhone

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Phxphenom, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Phxphenom

Phxphenom New Member

All this news about the iphone and how you get lousy reception due to the metal band reminds me of the hysteria we had over people experiencing FCs when accidentally touching the volume button while powering.

Big difference was that we could simply fix our issue by tweaking the script, lol

Bugless Beast Rocks!
  2. spiff72

spiff72 New Member

Someone stopped by my office yesterday and showed off their new iphone 4, and I asked to try it out. The first thing I tried was to bridge the antennas by holding it in my left hand it is is DEFINITELY an issue. Apple really dropped the ball on this one! (And I have to admit that I am a bit of an Apple fanboy - just an ATT hater too)...
  3. notamamasboy

notamamasboy New Member

What really grinds my gears is that Apple blames the users for holding it wrong... If I feel like holding a phone whatever way I please I should still be allowed to use its functionality as a phone... ti's why they have all those nice accelerometers and nice features for is it not?
  4. notamamasboy

notamamasboy New Member

also I fear the worst part is they are probably going to get away with murder in a sense since all these ultra-addicted fanboys (no offense) are probably thinking that they indeed are wrong for holding it the wrong way...
  5. quadjacks

quadjacks New Member

Holding it the wrong way? Can someone clarify what the issue is with the new iphone?
  6. tfkennady

tfkennady New Member

Android is the future.

No offense but most of those Apple fans don't have the first clue as to why they should care about certain features and capabilities. I mean Steve Jobs has actually gotten people to believe that Flash is dying and mobile devices aren't capable of being stable while running it. From what I've read various developers have said that HTML5 is not capable of doing what Flash can. And this is what Apple is trying to bring down Adobe with.

Furthermore, so many of these Apple fanboys have bought into the hype of Apple in the first place, because "it's magical and revolutionary" when in my opinion the new iPhone 4 is about on par with any high end android phone, but just barely though. I would contend that my Rooted Moto Droid running Bugless is the best smart phone available (even against other rooted phones but that's another debate). As for the iPhone, is it pretty? Yes. Is the display phenomenal? Yes. But what else does it really bring to the table? And this goes across the board for all of Apples products.

What's more is the enthusiast, I'm not talking about your average customers (Apple or Android alike). I'm talking people like me who dive into forums (such as this one) and contend that "Well Apple said this, so it must be true." Are people just unwilling to actually get out there and do some research on their own? Or do they just want to be spoon fed everything?

Most customers just want their stuff to work and that's absolutely fine with we. But when an Apple Fanboy tries to go toe-to-toe with an Android don't even try to convince me your product is better with half the features, most of which you got last week.

IMHO the new iPhone 4 kinda sucks in comparison to what's available on Android. To top it off your still stuck on AT&T, enough said.
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  7. korp

korp New Member

Now Att is bait and switching with iPad unlimited data plans.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  8. B3y0ndD34th

B3y0ndD34th New Member

+100

Could not have said it better myself.

But deep down inside we're all kinda partial to what works for us. All I have to say is I'm glad Android works so well for me :)
  9. tfkennady

tfkennady New Member

i probably wasn't clear but i really hate apple (and AT&T) lol... i agree with you that people are partial to what works for them, but that doesn't make it the best product available. it's a very subjective debate but when you compare spec sheets and features and capabilities there's no comparison.

On a side note did anyone else see that guy from Sweden (I think) write some software that allows him to use external USB devices (keyboards, mouse, external hard drives) on his N1? That would be really nice on my Droid, a bit of over kill but still nice.
  10. spiff72

spiff72 New Member

Just do a Google search for iPhone 4 antenna problem and you will find lots of links. The issue is with the gap between the 2 external antennas - if you hold it in a way that both antennas are contacted by your hand, you effectively bridge the antennas, and your reception drops (along with your call).

Apple is telling people just to hold the phone so they don't touch that corner of the phone, or buy a case for it.

I would raise hell if I bought one of the phones and I had to buy a case to MAKE THE PHONE WORK!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  11. tfkennady

tfkennady New Member

Some customer actually emailed Steve Jobs (supposedly) and what's in my signature was the response from Apple.
  12. Phxphenom

Phxphenom New Member

I wish I was in the iPhone plastic cover business, lol.....
  13. alitke

alitke New Member

The sad part is that almost none of the people that buy the iPhone think anything of having to buy even more items just to make the phone work.

My buddy in California bought the iPhone 4 AND the bumpers b/c he said otherwise the phone would not work so he had to buy them. I was like WTF man you should not have to buy them the freaking phone should work!

He thought nothing of having to buy them and even worse he really thought it had true multitasking. Of course he completely ignores the service issues with AT&T and everything else because he wants to phone so much.

I mean i am glad he is happy but common people how long are you going to buy into the whole if Apple makes it is is amazing.

Their laptops are nice no doubt but their "smartphones" suck.
  14. loonie01

loonie01 Member

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!!!!! Take that Apple!!!dancedroid
  15. exdirrk

exdirrk New Member

I agree with you completely. I work at vzw and people come in every day telling me they heard vzw is getting the iphone next month.....(this has been going on for the past 2 years since I started). I ask them why they would want it? 9/10 people say because its the iphone. I almost want to just stop talking to them all together at this point because they just want it because its apple. These customers take no recognition that the droid that has been out for 9 months has surpassed the new iphones capabilities already.

IMHO, No one can count a front facing camera that only works on wifi to only apple products to be a benefit. The possibility that I am going to be somewhere where i have wifi and another person that has an iphone4 & has wifi & are able/want to do video conferencing is very low. Why would I not just call this person, oh probably because I dont have 3g service....nvm i do see value for att customers lol

IMO about apple,Apple products are overrated. People think apple leads in innovation but the honest truth is they hold it back. The last innovative thing was the iphone1 and before that was the ipod. Without these products, apple computers would still be going no where because apple computers are the exact opposite of what a person really wants from a computer. The computer age we live in was revolutionized by c, unix and creating standards in hardware so you could write programs that were no longer proprietary to the hardware. But yet apple uses the same computer you buy from hp, dell etc... loads their version of unix on it and ups the price 1000. Apple will not let you buy the same hardware for half the price and load up their os. They have to control everything to keep themselves in business because they arent doing anything innovative. Apple is soley profit motivated and has become one the largest US companies because these fanboys and people who are to ignorant to do a little research by themselves.

Sorry for the rant but I am an anti-apple-fanboy
  16. tfkennady

tfkennady New Member

I hate Apple... an addendum

As much as I hate Apple I will give them credit where credit is due;

1. Their computers/software do some of the best video editing on the market no questions asked. The next competitor is not even really close. But that's it and I don't really know many people that do serious video editing and really need to fork out the cash to do what I'm talking about.

2. Apple's marketing machine is a monster it's probably unsurpassed as far as mobile/cellular devices go, I mean how else do you explain 3 million iPads in 80 days, that can't multi-task or run flash?

I have an Apple fan boy where I work and we debate on a daily basis Android vs. Apple and he's seriously bought into the "Apple Hype", all of his computers, phones, mp3 players, all Apple and he plans to buy an iPad as well.

That's is not what bothers me about this situation, he bashes Android without ever trying it. Secondly since my phone is rooted and over-clocked etc. he believes all these features i have in the phone aren't already apart of Android despite how I've explained to him over and over that i don't have to do this, i choose to. (Then again choice is a foreign concept to Apple customers). back to my original point though, this guy is a tech geek just like me and that's my biggest problem. It's like he knows that Android is better but he's too much of an elitist (like many apple fan boys) to admit otherwise.

a perfect example is the other day we're talking about home theaters and what you'd consider good speakers and we got on the topic of how Bose is over-priced and overrated but has this elitist stigma about them. we both hate Bose for those reasons and the fact there's better equipment available for less money.

i couldn't help it so i said "now you know how i feel about apple." there was an awkward pause and then the conversation kinda ended lol.

the reason i hate apple the most though, is probably because they get so much undeserved credit. All these "magical and revolutionary" ideas they've stolen from Open Source Communities, then they have the audacity to patent and then turn around and have a lawsuit against anyone else who uses something similar. Apple is not the only company that does this, but they are by far the worst. i mean look into it a lil bit it's ridiculous! Currently apple has lawsuits with HTC, Google, Nokia, Microsoft, Palm just to name a few. I'm surprised they haven't tried to sue Linux some how for the software ideas Apple has stolen from Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora etc.

At the end of the day is Google trying to earn a profit from Android? Yes, of course they are but at least they have the decency to let me choose what I do with it after I've PAID for it. You can't say the same thing about apple.

the worst part is Mr. Jobs and company have convinced all these people you don't want these other features that platforms offer. that these features will cause instability and the degradation of their devices with said features. additionally that the other platforms are inferior because of this.

I digress, I think the natural progression of technology will eventually set things right and the Android Army will prevail lol.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  17. tfkennady

tfkennady New Member

i used to work for vzw way back in the day (2000-2001) so i can only imagine what it's like now. back then people were just happy to have a phone that had caller id and free long distance lol.
  18. Fulle

Fulle New Member

I really wish Adobe and Microsoft would spit in Apple's face, like Apple does to them. I've LOVE to see Apple try to compete in the PC space without Adobe and Microsoft software. And for smartphones? Yeah, enjoy trying to sell an iPhone4 to a corporation with no ActiveSync support.
  19. SupAll

SupAll New Member

I'm in the same boat as others here when it comes to the apple fan boys. I get into it at work where half of my department is split down the center. No one else can consider themselves geeks, but I've got rabid fans of Apple and others who were sensible enough to say "Why an iPad?! It's just a bigger iPhone."

I digress.

I have yet met anyone in my workplace that talks more computer geek than I do. Yet, I get shrugged aside and argued against when it comes to the iPhone. One guy likes to ask "Is this on your Droid? How about this? Can your Droid do this?" At which point, I pull out my BB rooted Droid w/ flash and spin circles around him. We did a search for a Google Translate app on the iPhone...$2. It's free for us. I told them about how my phone can be unlocked and Google won't care. I tell them of the shortcomings of the iPhone, the issues they have, and how they're merely sheep because they buy anything with an Apple logo on it.

Its pathetic really, but like I said, I've got a lot of people that will say "I love my Droid." Others not so much. Apparently, their Droids are having issues they refuse to trade it in. Why? I have no clue other than how they believe they will lose their files... :\
  20. tfkennady

tfkennady New Member

do they realize unlike the iPhone they can remove their SD cards and transfer the files onto a computer if necessary?