I’ve been running Bugless Beast roms since the end of January. When 7.7 came out with JIT enabled and Live Wallpapers, most people had trouble with reboots and FC’s. I did not. It was rock solid on my Droid and very fast. My lowest Setcpu Benchmark was a solid 119. After reading weeks and weeks worth of posts here and on alldroid, I decided that the reason JIT worked on my Droid was because I have operated with Animations off for a long time. I just liked the way the screens snapped open and closed with animations off. Everything that follows is all based on work done by t3hSteve. Here’s his description of the process: He rebuilt the file dalvikvm with JIT defined “and then copied libnativehelper, libdvm, and dalvikvm to my phone. Added "dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit" to build.prop and rebooted”. After reading that short post, I started reading and googling until I learned how to do the same using his modified dalvikvm file. After reading (AllDroid - View topic - JIT for Droid ) and learning that some folks that are running JIT are still having problems with browsers closing and with some force closes. I, on the other hand, knew that JIT had run well on my Droid with BB7.7. After all the reading, I was more convinced than ever that having Animations turned off was a key to successful operation with JIT. I have no technical reasons to support this position other than it seems that a lot, not all, but a lot of people that are having problems with JIT enabled are also mentioning how much they like Live Wallpapers. So taking those two tenuous data points (1. My Droid ran fine with 7.7 and JIT enabled and 2. I have animations turned off and most folks obviously do not due to the fascination with Live Wallpapers.) I decided to go for it. I then enabled JIT on my droid. The results are pretty good so far. Before enabling JIT I would mostly get 159 - 179ms benchmarks. With JIT enabled I’m getting at lot of reading in the 130 - 150 range. I downloaded Linpack and promptly started getting readings in the 11’s. My best so far is 11.924 Mflops/s. So far so good. I’ve had absolutely no issues at this point. I’ve been running with JIT enabled for about 4 hours so far. It’s hard to operate the Droid and type with my fingers crossed.