Bugless Beast v1.0 stability issues

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by baaldemon, May 23, 2010.

1. baaldemon

baaldemon New Member

So I am running bugless beast v1.0 and have been running it for a month or so.at 1GHZ oc'd without any problems. However a couple days ago I started getting error messages on android.process.acore and having to force close it. Ive run the fix permissions from clockwork mod and havent seen any difference in getting the error message. I havent installed any new applications so what could cause this issue to just start happening. Is there anything I can do to stop it as I really like the rom, well I did before the issue started occuring.
  2. s-one

s-one New Member

Yes you aren't the only one and I too have stability issues.. same rom, same oc kernel. And that's coming from a very slow and hot cyan that never had an issue with stability and reboots.
  3. anuraj1

anuraj1 New Member

interesting. i've been running it since it came out and have also suddenly started having FCs and random reboots. it ran great and then all of a sudden... bam!
  4. tommyboy845

tommyboy845 New Member

same here, went back to bb .7 and no issues at all...
  5. killabyte

killabyte New Member

i get an occasional force close but what i see the most of is the random reboots. it's about every 3 or 4 days that it will reboot but it seems to happen most often on a forum i frequent while typing a message to post - normally after typing a long message which is just awesome :D
  6. mcapozzi

mcapozzi New Member

I have had my Droid for two days running BB v1.0 with the 100Mhz LV kernel and it reboots itself every day.

In the meantime I'll try a 1Ghz kernel and see if it helps.

-Mike
  7. killabyte

killabyte New Member

i'm running the 1.3LV
  8. Sileem

Sileem New Member

From what I've found, when that happens, it means you've OC'd too high. disable the set on boot options in setcpu and install a slower kernel, I suggest the 800Mhz
  9. tommyboy845

tommyboy845 New Member

i ran the 800 first cause at the time was the only LV kernel, had random FC and reboots... so i went to a 1ghz with the same thing... went to 1100 and same thing... worst was bootup from the 'droid' sound to actually being able to swipe screens took a while, usually had helixlauncher fc and something else....
  10. bump47

bump47 New Member

Don't run SetCPU! It currently is causing fc and lag on the phone. Just stop running it and see what happens. BB doesnt need SetCPU anyways. Hope that helps.
  11. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid Premium Member

Just experienced my first random reboot today on BB 1.0 1ghz, using launcher pro and drop theme.. no task killers or setcpu... was playing magic the gathering with a friend and noticed my phone was rebooting... not too annoying this instance, hopefully this doesn't become a trend :|

Edit: LV version btw
  12. mcapozzi

mcapozzi New Member

I'd say your phone needs either a slower kernel (800 Mhz perhaps) or a 1.0Ghz kernel with SV (standard voltage) or IV (increased voltage).

-Mike
  13. ovrclock

ovrclock New Member

I also found the same instances as other posters; however, moving to another ROM I noticed it wasn't improving. It turns out, the latest version of setCPU was the issue. I had an old version backed up on my PC (1.5.0 I believe), and now it runs just as previous BB versions did.

Between what I encountered, and the heat issue lots of users seem to be having, I'm losing faith in setCPU....

EDIT: I also tried anything from 800mhz to 1ghz speeds when I had the issues previously.
  14. mcapozzi

mcapozzi New Member

Yeah, I would stick to kernels that don't need SetCPU. They scale well enough on their own.

If you aren't using SetCPU and are still having random reboots, it is time to re-evaluate which kernel you're running.

-Mike
  15. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid Premium Member

Agreed, aside from todays random reboot, it's been very stable and smooth... I'm gunna hold out and see if it happens again and then make up my mind about what to do.
  16. chewy74

chewy74 New Member

I had random reboots too while I left my phone overnight. I am running Chevy's LV 1100ghz and setcpu...

if you are using setcpu and have your profiles enabled, check your standby profile and make sure the max/min speed is not set too low. for me, I had it on 250/250 and that was too low...(maybe its from too many widgets running on the homescreens) and once i increased the max/min to 550/250 - powersave, i havent experienced a single reboot or shutdown. I noticed the battery life got better too...

hope that helped