Bugless Beast v0.8 Released

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Bob Dammit, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Slider46

Slider46 New Member

Anyone know how to get rid of the notify sound when you plug into your PC via USB? Can't seem to find an option to turn it off..
  2. tanqueray

tanqueray New Member

Settings > Sounds & Display > SD card notifications
  3. solorca

solorca New Member

I have been on Droidmod/Sholes for a while, but decided to give this a try after all of the positives I've heard about it. I am really liking my new setup now. I'm only overclocked to 1000 at this time but everything is extremely stable and quick. Battery life seems to be much better than it was on Droidmod as well...plus I finally am able to see what programs are actually draining my battery now (since Droidmod only lists the basic usage for some reason).

The only thing that I really didn't like was the modified Smoked Glass theme that Pete created. It took away a lot of blue colors that I always liked about the Smoked Glass theme. I ended up finding a good blue theme on this forum (I think) that I really like. It changed the icon colors and a lot of other things that Smoked Glass doesn't, so it actually ended up being even better!
  4. tanqueray

tanqueray New Member

Was it the DBlue theme made for the Dark ROM theme? I also used that for set up, works great. But I still haven't find a way to change the color of the audio widget.
  5. holmes

holmes New Member

Remove "Car Home" app?

Just switched from BB v1.1(2.0.1) to this BB v0.8(2.1) & love it so far. Is their any way to remove the "Car Home" launcher like before? Its the only stock app I would like to remove. The last ROM someone posted an "update.zip" I ran in Nandroid that removed car home, corp email, corp calander, & others. I ONLY want to remove the "car home" launcher app. Got used to it not being there when I car docked my Droid & now can't stand it :) Any help removing it would be appreciated, thanks.
  6. Tojus

Tojus New Member

Quick question if anything can answer it for me. I'm running an recent version of 2.0.1 bugless.

I was wondering if I can upgrade to v0.8 without losing my apps/data or if I have to do a complete wipe of the system to do the 2.1 upgrade.

Thanks for any help!
  7. Slider46

Slider46 New Member

Thats not it. It's a notification that sounds when you connect the phone to your PC with the USB cable. Not the "Prepairing SD Card". I already turned that one off.

*Edit

Just figured out it was the USB debugging mode causing the notification - still annoying if I want debug mode to be on but oh well I guess.
  8. Chief Wahoo

Chief Wahoo Premium Member Premium Member

Sodner, I installed the latest version of the Pulldown Editor on Friday and updated my Verizon Wireless text with no problems. The dev for Pulldown Editor indicated that the latest release was compatible with Pete's BB ROMs and sure enough it worked for me.

Hope you were able to get it working.
  9. Chief Wahoo

Chief Wahoo Premium Member Premium Member

Which version of BB were you installing? I was under the impression that all of Pete's BB ROMS required us to rerun a Smoked Glass update.zip to get the Smoked Glass theme as it was not part of the overall ROM update.
  10. CeeDroid

CeeDroid New Member

I'm running on the BB v0.4. I want to update to v0.8. Can I do the update.zip installation or should I do the nandroid installation?
  11. schertz7

schertz7 New Member

Anybody have an issues with the browser? My browser continually says "Tip: double tap to zoom in or out", everytime I touch the screen.
  12. CeeDroid

CeeDroid New Member

Ok I just got v.8 working. It wasn't working at first so I just wiped everything. Works great now.
  13. budmonster

budmonster Guest

14. solorca

solorca New Member

No, it's the theme posted by marty4short in the theme section on here. It has a lot of really unique options and it changes the way that a few of the task bar images look. I like it a lot...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/28407-blue-ese53-theme.html
  15. FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER New Member

Followed Matt's write up to install BB and despite a few hickups that were my fault I am up and running with the Smoked Glass. All I can say is WOW this really livened up my Droid, it is far more responsive and switching between apps is super fast. Can't wait to play around more tomorrow.

One question and I am sure this has to have been answered but I did search first but is there an app tray like Home++ uses?
    Pete once again I can't say thanks enough for making a great phone AMAZING...I'll play around a few days and with no major issues a donation will be on it's way!
  16. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin New Member

well i just installed this and the install went perfectly :)

the only thing i notice is that my temperature is ALOT higher than it was before installing :( before installing i was running BB v 1.1 and always hung at around 23C but now at 36C. so not sure if i wanna keep this or not, may try a different kernel first and see if it makes a difference. ill test it throughout the day and see what happens though.
  17. coupon

coupon New Member

try out chevys kernel. oced @ 1ghz and idles at 28-30C
  18. v!nce

v!nce New Member

Hi all, I have a question about updating from v0.7 to 0.8. Can anyone tell me the steps to doing this? I downloaded the file, and from my understanding, I'm suppose to rename it to update.zip? or should it just be update? Another question, I understand that the zip is to be placed on the root of my card, but there is another zip called update. Should i replace this one with the new one? Any help would be appreciated.
  19. GeLopez

GeLopez New Member

yes replace whatever update you have un your card.
  20. cinematicmatt

cinematicmatt New Member

i posted a little while ago (like a day) about getting an error 28 with the nandroid install.. i followed all steps as best as i could (wipe /data cache 2x each) and i tried redownloading.. error 28 is a corrupted data error..

do i need to put both the nandroid folder AND the update.zip in there? don't have much experience with nandroid updates, as i'm running 2.0.1 i can't just do the update.zip method

thanks guys!