1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Bugless Beast V0.4 Android 2.2 drains nearly ALL MY BATTERY LIFE

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by baboulou, Jul 16, 2010.

1. baboulou

baboulou New Member

This bugless beast rom drains nearly all my battery life in less than 12 hours, even when i am not using it, and it takes a long time to charge to 100% and in 12 hours all of the charge is gone.
  2. Samiam564

Samiam564 New Member

Which kernel are you using?
  3. J*Bishop

J*Bishop New Member

are you charging from computer via usb or wall charger? if from computer the charge time will take longer.
  4. psiuglen

psiuglen New Member

Did you have longer battery life before?
    What apps do you have syncing via data and how often?
    What kind of items are enabled (BT/wifi/gps/screen brightness)?
    Do you have the stock kernel that came with it?
    Did you have it plugged in when you started up the new rom for the first time and it was busy downloading and installing the apps again?
  5. baboulou

baboulou New Member

i am using the kernel that it comes with, 800 mhz, but even when i lower it, it still dies out
  6. Samiam564

Samiam564 New Member

Are you using SetCPU? If you are I would stop. Mine was acting poorly before I kicked setcpu to the curb. Also play around with a few other ulv kernels. Im oc'ed to 1.2 with chevy's ulv kernel and I can't complain at all.

And like someone else said, make sure (when you are not using them) to turn wifi, gps, etc off. That will help a lot I think.
  7. erikfig

erikfig New Member

Download Juice defender from the market...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  8. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

I had the same problem. It would drain twice as fast for me than when I was not rooted or not on bugless beast. I also noticed that the number in the battery meter on the top right was always 10 % higher than the actual percentage in the system info. Idk if the black glass theme had something to do with it? Cuz with the theme installed it would use like up to 60% of the battery in my display, and even on heavy usage before that my display wouldn't go that high. Anyway I'm giving it another chance and still tryna figure it all out.
  9. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

And I never brighten my phone unless I'm outside and turn the syncing off and gps unless I need it.
  10. generalyummy

generalyummy New Member

The funny thing is just yesterday I was noticing the opposite. I was using Kangerade and my battery died twice in a day, but I had my phone unplugged for like 16 hours yesterday, normal use, gps off and I still had 30% of my battery left by the time the night was over. Strange that others seem to be having the opposite happening to them. BB has been the absolute best for my battery.
  11. PhontomF

PhontomF New Member

What does it say under battery usage in the system settings? That should tell you what's draining it.
  12. tu3218

tu3218 New Member

Is it true that if I'm using the stock kernel, I shouldn't use setcpu?
  13. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

Not sure. Where did you hear that? I'm using it with the default bb v0.4 and my droid seems to be doing ok. I had problems before with the rom(see my comment before) but I reinstalled it again with the theme and it seems more stable now.
  14. tu3218

tu3218 New Member

samiam said it earlier in this post, and I was wondering if that would help save battery. I currently use setcpu with the stock kernel an my phone does run fine but curious if its hurting battery life.
  15. Samiam564

Samiam564 New Member

I don't see how it could hurt just trying it. Turn SetCPU off for a day and see how it runs. All I was saying is that it made a world of difference for my set-up.

Hope everything works out well for you, I know things like this can be frustrating :icon_ devil:
  16. dbol

dbol New Member

setCPU will not cause any more battery drain to your phone, in fact, it may actually use less. If you setup profiles, for instance, when the phone is in standby, and set your max at 550, and your min somewhere between 125 and 250 (250 works best for me) you're already saving battery. The default kernel in bb v0.4 always fluctuates between 800 and 250, even in standby.

I saw more battery life when I used setCPU than when I did not.
  17. bill12690

bill12690 New Member

im using a P3 1.25Ghz kernel, bb 0.4, and my battery life is probably the best its ever been..
    only apps that are syncing, are the google apps and twitter.. gps turned off, and usually after a 9 hr work day with moderate use I still have 70-80% left..

edit:
    as stated above, im using SetCPU with a standby profile also.. something i forgot to include is I have it running at 700mhz max usually, with ondemand setting.
  18. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

Wait a sec. How much are u using it? Because if u are using it anywhere from what u could call moderately or heavily I would say that's pretty good, at least in my standards. Cuz I'll be lucky if my battery last more than 10 hours with my usage..

19. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

Wait why was my name in place of the op's name? I messed upthe post. Lol

20. battle

battle New Member

Okay so I had the same issues about two days ago.
    I put some thorough forum research into it, here are the steps that work for me.

1. Do not use any sort of Task Killer (read up on how Android OS is similar to Linux)
    The native Android OS keeps apps running in the background but they don't take up any CPU, it takes up more CPU to kill the apps because Android OS will just start them up again.

2. Try not to leave WiFi or GPS or Maximum Screen Brightness on. Unless you are actively using those features, you're just sapping your own battery life. The screen/display is always my biggest battery drainer. For screen brightness I use Bright Control which is an app that hacks the brightness down to the lowest possible setting (noticeably lower than the standard low setting). I also leave my screen timeout to either 30 or 15 seconds.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/56402-can-we-hack-brightness-go-lower-2.html

3. BuglessBeast v0.4 uses a stock 800mhz kernel. I experienced shorter battery life using this kernel, but when I switched to ChevyNo1's Ultra Low Voltage 800mhz kernel, I experienced a much longer battery life. No need to use SetCPU.
    Index of /froyo/4.2/kernels

4. Using SpareParts, which came with BB v0.4, you can set the App killer to aggressive. I don't find this completely necessary, but if you tend to use a lot of apps at once, I would believe that it is helpful.

5. Try to minimize the widgets you have running, those usually require constant refreshing. I used to use as many widgets as possible, now I only use these widgets:
    Music, Pandora, Google Search, Beautiful Widget Clock and Weather, Power Control, Google News, ESPN Scorecenter
Search tags for this page

bugless beast drains battery