Bugless Beast ROM users - post your problems and get answers here

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by TheCleaner, Feb 24, 2010.

1. TheCleaner

TheCleaner New Member

Figured I would try and start an "official" thread...since there is a lot of "how do I upgrade to this...how do I root...etc. in the other threads...

THIS IS FOR USERS ALREADY ON BUGLESS BEAST BUT ARE HAVING ISSUES WITH IT.

The idea being for people to post your issues and have others help. THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR PEOPLE TRYING TO INSTALL THE ROM.

My current issue:

Since upgrading to 1.1 whenever I try a Voice Search (either through the app or car mode) it always goes to Google regardless. So if I say "Call Brad" or "Call Brad Mobile" it still searches Google. It didn't do this before.

Any ideas?
  2. dfwdroid

dfwdroid New Member

very good idea :)

I have been running BB7.6 on the 2.0.1 kernel (followed Pete's instructions) and i want to to go to BB1.1. how did you installed yours? Did you use the update.zip method?
    how do you like it (i need a true answer ;)?
  3. TheCleaner

TheCleaner New Member

I did the update.zip method, but that was after installing DroidMod1.0 to get the new SpbRecovery. Made it very easy indeed. Then I rebooted and then copied over Chevy's 1.2ghz update.zip and renamed it to update.zip and then did the same thing over again to get that "update" to the ROM.

Nice and fast now with very little issues (really only found the one above so far).
  4. TheCleaner

TheCleaner New Member

Well you are technically violating the rules of this thread and making me violate it too...lol. I'll PM you.
  5. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Remember Ladies and Gentlemen PLEASE keep this thread on topic at the OP's request.

These threads are VERY valuable to users already running BB.

Thanks everyone
  6. dfwdroid

dfwdroid New Member

just curious? how do i violate the thread?
  7. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle Android Addict Premium Member

Not sure that I'm having the same issue as you Cleaner. I bring up the voice search, say 'call xxxxxx' and it opens a window that says: did you mean 'call xxxxxx - home', 'call xxxxxx - mobile' and some other options. Is that what you see? If so, is that not correct? I don't use that option much, so wasn't sure what should be there if not that.
  8. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Please see the original post dfwdroid.

This thread is dedicated to users who have already installed Bugless Beast and are having issues with it.

It's NOT a thread for asking questions on where to find it, what it is, how to install etc etc....

This thread is STRICTLY for troubleshooting and issues with the BB ROM.

I hope that helps.
  9. jcbaier2001

jcbaier2001 New Member

Using BB 1.1 with Sholes rom. Running good so far. Have had two FC's with hard key search.
  10. ntrddragn

ntrddragn New Member

i have an issue with BB 1.1 with and without Chevys 1.25 kernal. The issue i have is when i press the power button to go into 'sleep' mode, I cant get it back up and running. Only the 4 icons on the screen lights up and then closed back down. I did a wipe and re-install, it gave me the same problem without the kernal update. So i have no idea what is going on. I did the standard install with no after market apps install except the one that came with the rom. I am back to v7.5 and OC'ed at 800/250 with no issue so far. Any thoughts?
  11. TheCleaner

TheCleaner New Member

When you do a search does it say "google search" under the "mic"? That's what mine says...
  12. jcardona1

jcardona1 New Member

im running 7.5 and had terrible problems with Google Voice. so much that i had to get rid of GV. the phone would freeze and give me several force closes.

Another thing that is really annoying, sometimes when i'm in an app and close it by pressing the home button, my home screen is blank, as if it had crashed and no icons are there. it usually takes 5-7 seconds for everything to pop back up. it happens a lot when viewing pictures in my gallery, and certain other apps. anybody have the same issue?
  13. dfwdroid

dfwdroid New Member

Thanks for the clarification :)

Sorry about that
  14. alm0614

alm0614 New Member

update to 1.1, i just used the update.zip with one of Chevy's kernels. definitely recommend.. GV works fine, no problems with delay on returning to home
  15. Liquid Fusion

Liquid Fusion New Member

Hi. Just clarifying - Chevy's kernel has BB 1.1? Or do you need to add it separate?

Reason I'm asking - Getting ready to update to add an oc'd kernal to the installed BB1.1 rom - looking for any pblms. Thanks.

Currently running: rooted Droid / SPRecovery / BB 0.75 using - Matt's Guide. A few FC and batter pulls, but otherwise great!!!!
    SetCPU: 1GHz/550GHz - 82/89F - On Demand Power // 500Hz/250GHz - 69/72F - Sleep / Charging
    Links: HD Videos - made with Droid!!
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  16. DigiK

DigiK New Member

Absolutely flawless with Chevy1.2 kernel @ 1.2.

Feature request, though: somebody please hack the default 2.1 keyboard to exclude contact names. This is the number-one slowdown with typing. B-)
  17. mach330

mach330 New Member

just switched to bb 1.1 with chevy's 1.2 kernel. it's quite stable for me. I did the update method. however, i'm not sure if is a true problem or not, but my signal bar (3g and voice) seems to be more unstable lately. i'm still investigating. i remember pete talking about enabling roaming (doesn't this get us extra charges from vzw)? i've rebooted a couple of times and it's thing i notice. i constantly have to retry connection when i'm browing in the market. again, i'm not 100% this is the problem or just my connection lately. after maybe a couple of more days i'll confirm if this truly is a problem. it's my wife's phone and she's already complaining to me about her signal being not as good. she would notice it more since it's her phone.

i'm going to try to do a fresh install (after full wipe) and see if that helps.
  18. Liquid Fusion

Liquid Fusion New Member

BB 1.1 + Chevy's 1.25 kernal setcpu @ 1100Hz / 250 - ondemand. Fast!!!Fast!!!Fast!!! - seems to run very hot 116F / 118F !!!!! knocked CPU back to 900MHz Temp = 95 / 102 after a few min 93F/100F. Changed to 1100MHz / 250MHZ - conservative. Rebooting to lock in SETCPU profiles. Wow!! Temp after reboot over 120F!!!! Reduced SetCpu to 600. Replacing Chevy 1.25 with 1.2.

BB 1.1 + Chevy 1.2 at 1200MHz /250MHz - Tempmonitor app (paid) = 93F / 96F
    On activity Temp goes to 118F this is nuts - lowered CPU to 1100MHZ/250MHz - temp resting = 89F/98F
    Opened std browser - temp shot to 118F doing nothing Temp falls to 95F
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  19. johall07

johall07 New Member

mine does the same as vicious
  20. blue

blue New Member

Running BB1.1. Went from BB 7.8. Did a update. Installed the Chevy 125. Randomly rebooted a few times. It is now stable at 1000. I was also wondering. I tried the live wallpapers and noticed they are not interactive like on the other 2.1 roms. Is this something from Pete or is it because its adapted to work in 2.01? I had been at 7.8 for a while and never had a issue. But I did notice the live wallpapers in it were not interactive in it as well. That is kinda why I updated to v1.1.