Bugless Beast ROM users - post your problems and get answers here

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by TheCleaner, Feb 24, 2010.

1. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Figured I would try and start an "official" thread...since there is a lot of "how do I upgrade to this...how do I root...etc. in the other threads...

THIS IS FOR USERS ALREADY ON BUGLESS BEAST BUT ARE HAVING ISSUES WITH IT.

The idea being for people to post your issues and have others help. THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR PEOPLE TRYING TO INSTALL THE ROM.

My current issue:

Since upgrading to 1.1 whenever I try a Voice Search (either through the app or car mode) it always goes to Google regardless. So if I say "Call Brad" or "Call Brad Mobile" it still searches Google. It didn't do this before.

Any ideas?

2. dfwdroid

dfwdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    very good idea :)

I have been running BB7.6 on the 2.0.1 kernel (followed Pete's instructions) and i want to to go to BB1.1. how did you installed yours? Did you use the update.zip method?
    how do you like it (i need a true answer ;)?

3. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I did the update.zip method, but that was after installing DroidMod1.0 to get the new SpbRecovery. Made it very easy indeed. Then I rebooted and then copied over Chevy's 1.2ghz update.zip and renamed it to update.zip and then did the same thing over again to get that "update" to the ROM.

Nice and fast now with very little issues (really only found the one above so far).

4. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Well you are technically violating the rules of this thread and making me violate it too...lol. I'll PM you.

5. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,031
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    Remember Ladies and Gentlemen PLEASE keep this thread on topic at the OP's request.

These threads are VERY valuable to users already running BB.

Thanks everyone

6. dfwdroid

dfwdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    just curious? how do i violate the thread?

7. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle Android Addict Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure that I'm having the same issue as you Cleaner. I bring up the voice search, say 'call xxxxxx' and it opens a window that says: did you mean 'call xxxxxx - home', 'call xxxxxx - mobile' and some other options. Is that what you see? If so, is that not correct? I don't use that option much, so wasn't sure what should be there if not that.

8. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,031
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    Please see the original post dfwdroid.

This thread is dedicated to users who have already installed Bugless Beast and are having issues with it.

It's NOT a thread for asking questions on where to find it, what it is, how to install etc etc....

This thread is STRICTLY for troubleshooting and issues with the BB ROM.

I hope that helps.

9. jcbaier2001

jcbaier2001 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Using BB 1.1 with Sholes rom. Running good so far. Have had two FC's with hard key search.

10. ntrddragn

ntrddragn Member

Ratings:
    +6
    i have an issue with BB 1.1 with and without Chevys 1.25 kernal. The issue i have is when i press the power button to go into 'sleep' mode, I cant get it back up and running. Only the 4 icons on the screen lights up and then closed back down. I did a wipe and re-install, it gave me the same problem without the kernal update. So i have no idea what is going on. I did the standard install with no after market apps install except the one that came with the rom. I am back to v7.5 and OC'ed at 800/250 with no issue so far. Any thoughts?

11. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Member

Ratings:
    +4
    When you do a search does it say "google search" under the "mic"? That's what mine says...

12. jcardona1

jcardona1 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +40
    im running 7.5 and had terrible problems with Google Voice. so much that i had to get rid of GV. the phone would freeze and give me several force closes.

Another thing that is really annoying, sometimes when i'm in an app and close it by pressing the home button, my home screen is blank, as if it had crashed and no icons are there. it usually takes 5-7 seconds for everything to pop back up. it happens a lot when viewing pictures in my gallery, and certain other apps. anybody have the same issue?

13. dfwdroid

dfwdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the clarification :)

Sorry about that

14. alm0614

alm0614 Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    update to 1.1, i just used the update.zip with one of Chevy's kernels. definitely recommend.. GV works fine, no problems with delay on returning to home

15. Liquid Fusion

Liquid Fusion Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. Just clarifying - Chevy's kernel has BB 1.1? Or do you need to add it separate?

Reason I'm asking - Getting ready to update to add an oc'd kernal to the installed BB1.1 rom - looking for any pblms. Thanks.

Currently running: rooted Droid / SPRecovery / BB 0.75 using - Matt's Guide. A few FC and batter pulls, but otherwise great!!!!
    SetCPU: 1GHz/550GHz - 82/89F - On Demand Power // 500Hz/250GHz - 69/72F - Sleep / Charging
    Links: HD Videos - made with Droid!!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010