1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Bugless Beast Questions

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by supahrob, Feb 26, 2010.

1. supahrob

supahrob New Member

Heya everyone - I am thinkin I am gonna reroot my phone and go back to Bugless Beast. I think overall I liked that one the best. I went back to stock because of signal issues, and for about a day or so it seemed there was a new release every hour or two, and stability was getting, well, unstable.

If I understand correctly, 1.1 is stable - little to no FC's and such. But my main concern continues to be the signal issue - the signal strength (for me) was HORRIBLE with BB. Other than that, I liked it better then Sholes - the only other one I tried. How are people finding the signal in 1.1? Is it ok? How about WiFi signal - that was weak for me as well.

My last question (for now...) is about kernels. I am not a massive over clocker.. will not be going past 800. Which kernel would you recommend? I am looking for ROCK SOLID stability, and low temps at 800. As I understand it, these are my choices:

-Stock 550 MHz
    -t3hSteve's 600 MHz
    -t3hSteve's 1 GHz
    -AdamZ's 1.1 GHz
    -DroidMod's 1.2 GHz
    -ChevyNo1's 10 Slot 1.2 GHz
    -ChevyNo1's 10 Slot 1.25 GHz

Thank you for your time, and your help :)

Take care,
    Rob
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Hi, Rob. I have BB 7.5 installed and I'm OC at 1000MHz. I have NO system or signal issues. I've read posts that offer pros and cons with the 1.1 so I'm staying put, for now.

Mike
  3. jbernard703

jbernard703 New Member

running BB v1.1 and i have not had one single FC. it runs like a champ. BB 2.1 v.5 on the other hand.....not so much.
  4. elgordo123

elgordo123 New Member

I have BB 1.1 and using the Chevykernel12 and overclocked to 800mhz. I haven't seen any lockups or problems at all. My signal strength and batter life, etc is fine.
  5. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

I have the above and the only "issues" (if you can call them that) I've possibly noticed is upon reboot, I'll get a FC on visual voice mail. I don't notice any change in signal strength.

I don't know if it was where I was (in a hospital) but with full bars of 3G, my gmail was sending really slow. A few lines of text was taking forwever to send through. When I was somewhere else later, it flew out! I'm not ready to blame BB on this one yet, I still love it!