Bugless Beast Questions

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by supahrob, Feb 26, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. supahrob

supahrob Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Heya everyone - I am thinkin I am gonna reroot my phone and go back to Bugless Beast. I think overall I liked that one the best. I went back to stock because of signal issues, and for about a day or so it seemed there was a new release every hour or two, and stability was getting, well, unstable.

If I understand correctly, 1.1 is stable - little to no FC's and such. But my main concern continues to be the signal issue - the signal strength (for me) was HORRIBLE with BB. Other than that, I liked it better then Sholes - the only other one I tried. How are people finding the signal in 1.1? Is it ok? How about WiFi signal - that was weak for me as well.

My last question (for now...) is about kernels. I am not a massive over clocker.. will not be going past 800. Which kernel would you recommend? I am looking for ROCK SOLID stability, and low temps at 800. As I understand it, these are my choices:

-Stock 550 MHz
    -t3hSteve's 600 MHz
    -t3hSteve's 1 GHz
    -AdamZ's 1.1 GHz
    -DroidMod's 1.2 GHz
    -ChevyNo1's 10 Slot 1.2 GHz
    -ChevyNo1's 10 Slot 1.25 GHz

Thank you for your time, and your help :)

Take care,
    Rob
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Hi, Rob. I have BB 7.5 installed and I'm OC at 1000MHz. I have NO system or signal issues. I've read posts that offer pros and cons with the 1.1 so I'm staying put, for now.

Mike
  3. jbernard703

jbernard703 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    running BB v1.1 and i have not had one single FC. it runs like a champ. BB 2.1 v.5 on the other hand.....not so much.
  4. elgordo123

elgordo123 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have BB 1.1 and using the Chevykernel12 and overclocked to 800mhz. I haven't seen any lockups or problems at all. My signal strength and batter life, etc is fine.
  5. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I have the above and the only "issues" (if you can call them that) I've possibly noticed is upon reboot, I'll get a FC on visual voice mail. I don't notice any change in signal strength.

I don't know if it was where I was (in a hospital) but with full bars of 3G, my gmail was sending really slow. A few lines of text was taking forwever to send through. When I was somewhere else later, it flew out! I'm not ready to blame BB on this one yet, I still love it!