BugLess Beast Questions (Real Quick)

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jmartinez06, Feb 17, 2010.

1. jmartinez06

jmartinez06 New Member

Hi, I'm considering rooting and installing bug-less beast, and i have a few questions since I'm fairly confused.
    GPS: now is it aGPS or normal GPS? does it really matter, will i notice it's slower or doesn't work?

Home: custom roms allow me to customize all the buttons? is that all?

Unrooting: is it hard to reverse in case i want to turn it back to warranty acceptable status?

What do you guys think? is it worth it with the RUMORS of 2.1 being just around the corner?

one more thing... does the keyboard light work on this? i heard somewhere that the light from the keyboard fails to work.

and does anyone have a link to a newbie bugless install, including root?

thanks for all your help guys, you never fail to amaze me!
  2. Greaser

Greaser New Member

To root, and install bugless follow Matth3w guide
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ha...ng-only-sprecovery-terminal-emulator-zip.html

-Gps is the same that came with the phone
    -I definately would root rather than wait for 2.1, you cant overclock stock rom.
    -Keyboard light works with Bugless Beast, I don't believe it works for custom 2.1 rom.
    -Un-rooting is very easy
    -You can do alot more than customize buttons (although to customize buttons you would need to download an app for)
  3. jmartinez06

jmartinez06 New Member

What about apps from the market, I wouldn't be able to get them anymore right?
  4. Greaser

Greaser New Member

You sure can still get apps, your basically "unlocking" your phone, not completely changing it, everything that you can do with your phone now, you will still be able to do if you root.
  5. jmartinez06

jmartinez06 New Member

Yeah I read somewhere that I needed to back up my apps because I won't be allowed to use free or paid apps anymore
  6. mach330

mach330 Member

nope. you can still get any apps. it's just like your old phone.

you'll need to backup your data directory with nandroid (see bugless beast guide above) so you can keep all your apps and settings.
  7. jmartinez06

jmartinez06 New Member

Oherthan that though, I can pretty much just redownload all the apps.. that's all the convincing I needed! You guys notice any speed differeance?
  8. loop4zil

loop4zil New Member

I went with Bugless Beast...on 7.5 now. I took the processor up to 1GHz....Yeah I notice a BIG difference in speed.
  9. Grey Hawk

Grey Hawk New Member

You can still download apps
  10. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

I wish people wouldn't spread bad information like that (not you, whoever posted where you read that you couldn't).

As others have said, you can still download apps. But just to expand a bit, assuming you do a clean wipe before installing...your paid apps should automatically be re-downloaded for you if you have them sync'd with your email account. The free ones, unfortunately, you have to manually download or use a backup program.
  11. polack

polack Member

I have a couple of quick questions.
    1. i will be rooting my phone. after i root is there a way to overclock it to 1 gig without loading a whole custom rom in.? i don't want anything other than the ability to overclock.
    2. i have almost ten gigs of movies, music and tv shows on my phone. when i root and possibly add a custom rom, will all this disappear and have to be reinstalled?
    3. i know it's easy to go back to unroot status, but will all my original settings(preroot)be there. if i don't like this i want my original personally customized phone back.
  12. fliphkd23

fliphkd23 New Member

1) yes you will be able to just overclock, but to do that you will have to download and install a custom kernel. rootyourdroid.info created by member Big Lou has very easy to follow guides for just about all the major modding stuff (like just overclocking). You will need to have the android sdk for most of the tutorials, but surprise surprise there is even a guide on how to install and use that.

2) as long as all that data is on your sdcard it won't be touched, even if you do a clean wipe when jumping from rom to rom.

3) I'm not completely sure as I have never unrooted from root, but I'm assuming that as long as you don't do a clean wipe (which is necessary when installing SOME custom roms) your original settings and everything will be there. Just like they were still there when you rooted.