Bugless Beast, pinch zoom and Default Browser

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Nickmast, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Nickmast

Nickmast Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I so installed bugless beast 7.5 yesterday and today I notice that if i place my finger on the screen or scroll, the text and webpage gets very blurry until I stay still. Is this the fault of Bugless Beast or pinch zooming. It's very very annoying, especially since I'm very detail oriented, starts to trigger my OCD ways. I attached 2 screenies taken using Drocap2. The first is with a finger pressed on the screen. The second is just a normal stable screen.

Side Note: I also noticed today that now my speaker phone does not work during calls. This is a HUGE deal breaker for me and is about to force me to unroot back to how I had it before. Anyone have a solution or suggestion on what caused this?

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. dbu

dbu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I read on another post somewhere that it has to do with the way the Milestone (European Droid) multi-touch browser handle anti-aliasing on the web pages.

3. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    for the browser try xScope. It's WAY better than the default browser in just about every way possible (the only exception being it's not skinned/themed yet).

As for speaker phone and the browser there is something wrong with your flash so you should try reinstalling the ROM. I'm running BB 0.7.5 (OC'd @ 950) and speakerphone AND default browser both work fine (well default browser sucks, see above, but I used speaker at least 3 times today with NO problems).

4. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Everyone should just get Xscope. Not sure why people don't understand this. Simply the best browser (as well as other things) out there. Just get it!!!

5. dverplank

dverplank Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Help me with this....

Why is Xsope so much better than Dolphin? I have Paid/Donated for both and have to say I like the pin to zoom on the Xscope and Gary is super responsive but the whole menu bar on the top sucks-it looks like something from 10 years ago and is to small to accurately tap. There are no "mgeek" shortcuts available for the desktop...minor, and there are quirky renderings when zooming in an out. I have not given up on xsope but don't think its the best and will probably use Dolphin as my default browser for now.
    Any thoughts???? I mean this as CC not to be a dick :icon_eek:

6. korp

korp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm guessing the blur is just from the phone getting ready to focus if you are scrolling or about to zoom.

Most peoples reason for getting the custom roms is so they don't have to use Dolphin or at least thats what it was for me.

7. brandonx1000

brandonx1000 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the 2.0 software did this to make scrolling more fluid. when 2.0.1 came out, it stopped doing this, making a very choppy, slow, scroll.

i dont mind the blur because i dont read anything until i lift my finger. plus, i like the smoothness of the movement

8. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have it the milestone browsers, and it does it to me, but i dont really care because i don't read anyway while i'm scrolling and the multi-touch is worth it

9. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have zero issues tapping the top bar. Love the new multi tab view to see what screens you actually have open. The new copy text option is great as well. The browser itself carries no extra baggage like Dolphin and the stock. Meaning...some of us had an issue with typing in this forum via the phone. There was severe lag. Turns out this is only on the stock and Dolphin browsers. I see what you mean about the old looks, but to be honest I dont use the browser to look at the menus...I use it to search the web... you? I use the full screen (and I mean full which also does not show the top notification bar) so I dont see the top menu at all until I need it. Then, I see it for about 2 seconds and boom...it is gone again. I have used every available broswer including the milestone and you will never ever convince me that this browser is not superior. It does everything and more without getting in the way of itself. I also believe the majority of people that try it tend to agree with me. It comes to personal taste and what you want out of a browser. I want to look at the web and nothing else. I could care less about the pretty colors of dolphin...really...no need for it at all. The less I see of a browser the better I like it.

10. brock

brock Member

Ratings:
    +0
    xscope is hideous

11. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    And by far the most disgusting looking one as well.

12. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Form over function or vice versa? Xscope is not prettied up by far. Dolphin is. Fact is this hurts Dolphin as you can read in other areas regarding lag in forums etc. Again I ask...why do people sweat the looks of a browser? I fill my screen with what I intended to look at and nothing more. If I want to stare at a browser I can take a photo and look at it. Function is everything. All the added glory in making a browser look sweet and have pretty themes adds weight. The same people that say ahhhhh look at that complain about lag and overall slowness.

I will also say that I am not impressed with the waste in getting around Dolphin. Having so many clicks to get somewhere is annoying.

But...to each their own....;-)

Besides...xscope is improving. Some say there are to many updates, but I love what Gary keeps improving on. Dolphin...well....same ole crap

Another example...Live wallpaper.. ohhh how so many people want it and then the same people will complain about how the phone has slowed down. I can pretty up my phone, but give me the function of a non weighted down browser when I need it. Still my #1 app and probably will be for a while. How many automobiles have done this same thing...look frickin hot, but have the crappy engine. Oh the suckers out there... LOL... its all good...just having some fun. I do believe Gary will eventually have skins, but I dont want them if they do add the weight. I just cannot stand Dolphin any more. It is not user friendly at all and really does not act like a web browser first and foremost.

13. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    ^+ All this (not wasting space on the quote).
    I rarely see the menu or nav area as I generally go via bookmarks or Google search so the looks don't matter. Even so given the OPTION (which at this point it really is) of from or function I'll take function. But if form is that important than by all means use another browser, just stop posting in the threads complaining about all the problems, you made a choice.:icon_ devil:

14. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have any lag on Dolphin whatsoever overclocked at 1GHz, so that kinda makes your point moot. Both perform the same on my phone.

15. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I just downloaded Dolphin again and it has really improved. That being said, what is up with the gestures? Personally I find this really annoying. I tried zooming in on these mobile forums and it did not want to work. I got the little gesture window, went to the plus sign but nothing zoomed. Dolphin has come a long way, but to me, this is a terrible method of interaction. Xscope easily has it beat on this one with the one finger pinch zoom, two finger pinch zoom or double tap. I really like how far Dolphin has come, but they need to work on this. At least put a basic double tap in there....

Another thing on gestures...why have it situated so that when the gesture bar or half circle comes up you actually cannot see anything because your thumb is block it? I guess you would eventually memorize the areas, but it seems like they could tweak this or just get rid of this all together.

For the record...I am not a two finger pinch/zoom person.