Bugless Beast/OC/2.1 question

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by alm0614, Feb 4, 2010.

1. alm0614

alm0614 New Member

Ok, so last night i installed bugless beast and i love it, i have it OC'd at 800Mhz and it seems great.

However, when 2.1 comes out officially from VZW i want that on my phone, but would still like to keep it overclocked, anyone have any ideas on how to do that?
  2. Canefan

Canefan New Member

I'm no expert, but it all depends on whether you retain root or not. If you revert back to a stock 2.0.1 and then accept the OTA 2.1 update, then you will likely lose the ability to OC until someone figures out how to root 2.1 and the whole process starts over again.

My plan is to wait for someone to provide a stable 2.1 ROM with all of the bug fixes based on the official release. I'm hoping to be able to install that while retaining my root access and the ability to OC, tether, etc. Don't know if this will be possible or not. Having said that, I ran 2.1 for several weeks before installing BuglessBeast and I have to say that for me it retains all of the stuff I liked from 2.1 and runs much much faster. I don't know for sure that I will go to the official 2.1 or not when it comes out because I may be losing capability.
  3. alm0614

alm0614 New Member

fair enough, thank you for your input. I just like the new home dock thing on the 2.1 (the little grid of dots), i would also like to see the multitouch in maps and browser than nexus one got
  4. TekHawk

TekHawk New Member

BB has the multi touch browser from Milestone so you are not missing that the maps on the other hand BB is missing for now pretty sure if we do not get 2.1 soon the BB dev will most likely start porting those N1 updates